Gvwr...

Pete R

Banned
Thanks for the reply, but it's the Gross Vehicle Weight I'm after, not the dry weight...

So the boik is 205kg, add say 5kg for engine and fork oil, another what 10kg for some fuel and you've got 220kg.

But the big question for GVM is - how fat are you!?! Add that to the 220kg and we'll be pretty close.

I know my tare weight is OTT after a noit on th' Guinness...just like t'noit...hic...tares my arse t'bits this shit...

:cheers:

The service manual states the bike's weight as 205KG and the "max payload" as 200kg so you are looking at a couple of fatties plus a bit of luggage before you hit GVWR ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Thanks for the reply, but it's the Gross Vehicle Weight I'm after, not the dry weight...

The Gross Vehicle Weight is 205kg / 451lbs without fluids, that will be constant. As PeteR said add a bit for fluids. Water is 1kg to the ltr, oil and petrol in practical terms is the same, but the fluid is a changing thing. The only way to be accurate is to run it over a weigh bridge and as soon as you start the motor and burn some petrol it has changed.

Mahart

Two Stroke
A digital pdf of the owners manual is available for download on the Triumph website.
My book lists the "Maximum Payload" (rider, passenger & accessories) for a T100 as 440lbs (200kg). So I guess in addition to the bikes dry weight of 451.9lbs (205kg) you're looking at a total of 891.9lbs (405kg).

Easy13

Street Tracker
A digital pdf of the owners manual is available for download on the Triumph website.
My book lists the "Maximum Payload" (rider, passenger & accessories) for a T100 as 440lbs (200kg). So I guess in addition to the bikes dry weight of 451.9lbs (205kg) you're looking at a total of 891.9lbs (405kg).

...Add a few pounds for fuel, oil and a spare pack of Marlboros and the GVWR is about 913lb. A bit lighter than a Rocket III, innit?

TC_Dick

TT Racer
If you're in the US, go hit a garbage dump. They'll weigh the bike for you.

Sorry, misunderstood. as Pikey said, it's 405kg.

Last edited:

Arkwright

Two Stroke

Thanks Mahart... That's the figure I was after