Digging Out!!!!!!!!!

T-boy

Rocker
For the first time in memory I had a snow day from View attachment 6392. I just heard on the news that this storm (blizzard) affected i out of every 3 people in the U.S. in one way or another. The following is an example of how I spent my entire morning...

Waking up & looking outside:
IMG_0873.jpgIMG_0885.jpg

My Lab trying to do her morning business:
IMG_0891.jpg

208cc's of snow throwing fury:
IMG_0874.jpg

I hate winter!!!!!!!!!
IMG_0879.jpgIMG_0880.jpgIMG_0876.jpg

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
T-boy.....yeah. Looks like us. Only yesterday was sleet and today was freezing rain here all day. 3 to 4 feet of snow and now ice all over it. One hell of a big storm, looks like it covered from Texas to Canada. What a winter. A few more storms and.......:hung:

T-boy.....yeah. Looks like us. Only yesterday was sleet and today was freezing rain here all day. 3 to 4 feet of snow and now ice all over it. One hell of a big storm, looks like it covered from Texas to Canada. What a winter. A few more storms and.......:hung:

Brrrrr!!! Here's something from here to warm you up boys.....

bikini.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

motomaniac

Street Tracker
Enjoy the snow!

Better you than me! :lol: Along the same lines as Pikey, here are some of my students practicing for a hula competition.....

Attachments

• Hula.jpg
    Hula.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0

T-boy

Rocker
Thanks for the reminder that somewhere in this world it's not 11 degrees like it is this morning. Warmer...feeling warmer.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
sheeeeit, we're supposed to get snow here in houston this evening and tomorrow. people are already driving like invalids

drlapo

Hooligan
yesteday's ice storm put a crust on top of 3 feet of snow so today I ws able to walk in the woods with my dog
as long as I stayed on the cross country skier's trails I didn't break through

koifarm

Hooligan
My Brother in Aurora Ill, sent pics of his home, buried under 25" of snow, took him and his two boys all day to dig out to the street which has yet to be plowed.
Not a fun time for folks in the north...
I can remember being caught in the Chicago storm of 1967, south Chicago, stuck for a week, we had to hike to the grocery store after about five days when we ran out of food. Took two of us two days to dig out of our apartment to get to the cars, which then took another day to clear only to wait for snowplows to come by. The city ran out of places to dump snow and resorted to piling it in the rivers and sag canal.
Shortly after that, I moved to Florida.
This storm simply serves as a reminder that I made a good decision to leave.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I do have to say that although I've froze my Ass off that past few days, here in the Mile Hi there wasn't that much snow to go with it. It's that below zero weather that seems to creep in on you that makes it bad on me. My body has turned into a barometer the past few years and every ache, tic and muscle cramp has been talking to me this past week. Knock on wood no frozen pipes either.

And to think last week I went for a toot on the scoot.

motomaniac

Street Tracker
Oh man Pikey.......you're not helping.

And Moto..... I thought it was cold in Japan?

It has been around -5C in the early morning hours when I am on my way to work but it has warmed up in the last couple of days to around 1C at 6am and 10C around noon.
All the school girls wear very short skirts to school all over Japan. When it gets colder the skirts actually get shorter! It's bizarre but it's just their obsession with fashion. So, wearing the long hula skirt must seem like heaven to them!

Pete R

Banned
Shit it's 10 in the morning and already over 100 degrees F. Looks like heading towards 110 plus it's humid to boot. I wouldn't mind a bit of snow and ice meself.

Brrrrr!!! Here's something from here to warm you up boys.....

bikini.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

Yer a bastard Pikey. Where do you find them? :C

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Today will be the 9th snowstorm since Christmas. Most people under the age of 70 remark that they have never seen such a stretch of bad weather and I have to agree with that. I have never seen the snowbanks so high, and its very dangerous now on certain roads and intersections because of lack of sight distance. I am totally out of firewood, the heat has broken twice in my house, both of my cars needed repairs, and I've spent $1000 on heating oil in 40 days. I can't shovel a path to my garage, the ice is a foot thick on my roof, and my driveway is a glacier. Haven't seen the ground since before last Christmas and I sorely miss it. There is so much salt on the road my dog can't walk on it because it cracks his paws, and the snow is so deep he can't walk in the yard. My vet says the deep snow will really hurt his knees and hips. So the dog is stuck inside like the rest of us and he whines constantly. I went out into the woods and its truly a solid 4 feet of snow , hard as concrete and you break through the crust. It sounds weird but I really need to see some grass and even some rocks and dirt. I can only hope things get better soon but for now the forecast is for more of the same. I used 8 vacation days staying home because of the snow. My wife works for a corporation and they call up and demand she come in, regardless of weather and road conditions. She has been working nights and weekends to make up the lost time. I'm through most of my cash and into the plastic but what can I do?

Yesterday as my car was broken and I could not get to work, I dropped it off at the shop, hopped a ride with some friends and went snowboarding in the Catskills. I have never seen such amazing snow.Gave me a different perspective on the snow for sure. But I would kill just to be able to see some grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlHE1Ugcvz8

Last edited:

tezza

Street Tracker
Im with you Pete ,here in Qld if its not flooding or being blown away in a hurricane its 40 something degrees with 90% humidity ,looking forward to winter but at least it doesnt snow like some of the boys in the States or Europe have to deal with ,least we can ride all year round

Pete R

Banned
Im with you Pete ,here in Qld if its not flooding or being blown away in a hurricane its 40 something degrees with 90% humidity ,looking forward to winter but at least it doesnt snow like some of the boys in the States or Europe have to deal with ,least we can ride all year round

yeah this weather is really fucked up. Just reading Sal's story and thinking about down here, what's happened up in Queensland and the bizarre stuff in other states...it is just that, Bizarre.

Hang in there Sal.