Another "Be Aware" Driving Vid...Graphic

strokerlmt

jesus......I couldn't watch the whole thing. Everyday I see teenagers piled into a car driving to fast talking and laughing driver turning head around looking in the back seat, I see men and woman on the cell phone constantly with no hands free. I must say I see more men on hands free...very few woman....woman seem to be on the phone drivin one handed. I see people eating food and I see people with f-----g dogs on their laps. I wish they all would be forced to view these videos....
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
That was fucking rough, especially the clips with the children and babies involved. Call me good or evil, I'm not looking to be judged but if someone killed my boy over recklessness like what I just saw in the crosswalks of that video then they would be dead. Wouldn't matter where I spend the rest of my life...they would be dead.

bbrovold

Scooter
Today a car turned in front of me at a stop light and then stopped in the middle of the intersection forcing me and a car next to me to stop to stay alive. I didn't panic but stopped just feet from her car which was now across our two lanes. I will never forget the sight of the woman in the offending car with her arms raised in fists and screaming because she could not complete her turn. I think she should be in line to smoke a turd in hell.
It's not just inattention and cell phones and other distractions. Some people these days seem to have no empathy and just want to be first, faster. It's the "me generation" and me comes first and screw everyone else.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
After watching that video I'm extremely sad cuz at least 90% of the real accidents are due to one thing. Inattention. And we're all guilty of it. I just hope that all of us pay attention when we're on the road and that drivers around us do us the same courtesy.

T-boy

Rocker
I was cruising down the highway the other day and saw a young girl yakking on her cell and smoking a cigarette (hand up to her mouth)...Now I'm no mental giant, but doesn't it take at least one hand to steer this vehicle? Sheesh, there's an accident waiting to happen.

drlapo

Hooligan
I was cruising down the highway the other day and saw a young girl yakking on her cell and smoking a cigarette (hand up to her mouth)...Now I'm no mental giant, but doesn't it take at least one hand to steer this vehicle? Sheesh, there's an accident waiting to happen.

we can only hope she dies alone and does not have a chance to reproduce

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Unfortunately most of us are one of those morons from time to time.

Yup...I am guilty.

And you don't really, well I never really thought of the consequences. I mean, I knew what might happen, but it would never happen to me. Watching that vid last night made me take a step back and wonder if passing that truck, or showing off for the mates or g/f etc is really worth it. I answered no.

Hopefully it will stick with me.

brass

Two Stroke
Same here.
After shaking it off, I forwarded it to my kids (in their 20's), letting them know that I've experience many of those situations first hand, LUCKILY with less severe consequences.

Dave

Street Tracker

driving home from work today I saw a guy with a taco in one hand and phone in the other :chair:

brass

Two Stroke
Sorry Dave, but the one about the girl still wins.
She has the phone, cigarette, AND THE TACO!

dschief

750cc
Here's an interesting statistic for you. I just took the Smith Driving Course yesterday, which is one of my annual job requirements. Our instructor asked us "what percentage of people think they are an excellent driver?". The answer was 90 to 95% of the people surveyed consider themselves excellent. I asked the instructor if the other 5 to 10% live in Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, because they sure as hell aren't excellent!

thistle66

Scooter
Unfortunately most of us are one of those morons from time to time.

Some morons are worse than other morons, tho'.

A couple months ago I was out on the bike and pulled alongside a car just before a cross junction. The lady had a pen in her mouth and was clearly heavily occupied with reading & making notes on what looked like work papers in her lap :wtf:!! Just retarded and oblivious :chair:

I didn't stay alongside for long.

Ryan

Scooter
Last year my mum was rear ended (on her motorcycle) by some teen texting. Luckily I was there to help pick the bike up as it had fallen on her leg: which she still goes to therapy for.
Needless to say we made our point to pay attention. Not to mention the talking to from the police.

On the other side I am guilty of being wreckless on a few occasions. This video certainly reminded me to pay mind to others on the road.