Model

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I am building this pretty cool Sopwith Camel RC plane, it just arrived - here it is. Lipo battery brushless 450 motor , 4 channel radio . Its going to be awesome.

GEDC2304.jpg
[/IMG]

I should have it together and flying over the long weekend. I will post pics and a video of it in action then.

Norvel

Two Stroke
Sal!

Your right up my alley.:up:

I've built and flown R/C Aircraft for last 37 years.

What Brushless Motor, size Lipo, Prop and Radio are you gonna run?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Any model companies out there doing motorcycles? It would be fun putting together some of the old Triumphs, Nortons, BSA, Brough Superior, Harley, Indian and so on...this is a hobby I have been pondering over now that I am in a hard winter country but don't really care to make military models...I get to work on them everyday.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Norvel,

I have an e-flite brushless Park 450 outrunner , e-flite pro speed controller and a 3 cell 1800 mah battery. Basically this plane will be way over powered. My radio is just a no name cheap 4 channel fm setup but it works great, and the plane will have full 4 channel controls and will be fully aerobatic, but not 3d capable.

2112, yes thats how I got it. I don't have the time or patienc to put the monokote on. Its a nice color scheme, I think.

Yeah, snoopy is what everyone says. I love the Camels, and have read quite a lot about them

another pic -

l_gpma_1144_7.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
Great way to spend some time. I love it. However, if I "tried" to fly it they would have to make it biodegradable :eeek:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
This is how far I got. Tail on, push rods, servos all set up for elevator and rudder, reciever and esc installed. Battery in picture is a smaller 1000 mah because my 1800 just won't fit.

GEDC2310.jpg
[/IMG]

Then the relatives showed up - I'll work on it more later.

Last edited:

Two Stroke
Then the relatives showed up - I'll work on it more later.

Ha!
Nothing like trying work on a toy on Christmas morning!

normandy

Street Tracker
I received a plane as a gift a couple years ago. I got 3 short flights out of it before it was junk. You really need a lot of space and soft grass til you get the hang of flying 3rd person.

koifarm

Hooligan
Great looking little aircraft Sal, should be fun to fly for sure. Amazing what they are doing with electronics these days, I flew RC back in the 60's and it was much different, kinda graduated from control line models to the RC's.
Remember one time I'd built a nice one up, went to launch it and as I did, by accident, my thumb hit the on/off switch turning the RC off. Watched as it nicely flew on out of sight. Never did find that sucker...

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I spent the entire day working on the plane as only an OCD personality can. Got it done an hour before dark and did a maiden flight. it made it back to base undamaged but definately needs some adjustments.

GEDC2312.jpg
[/IMG]

GEDC2314.jpg
[/IMG]

GEDC2315.jpg
[/IMG]

GEDC2313.jpg
[/IMG]

Koi you' be amazed. This plane , like my other electrics hs unlimited vertical, which means it will go straight up, up, up until it dissapears.

Last edited:

cynr1023

TT Racer
I haven't flown a RC plane in over 17 years. That really brings back some memories. I think the missus would be a little bit peeved if I got another hobby.

koifarm

Hooligan
Damn!

I spent the entire day working on the plane as only an OCD personality can. Got it done an hour before dark and did a maiden flight. it made it back to base undamaged but definately needs some adjustments.

GEDC2312.jpg
[/IMG]

GEDC2314.jpg
[/IMG]

GEDC2315.jpg
[/IMG]

GEDC2313.jpg
[/IMG]

Koi you' be amazed. This plane , like my other electrics hs unlimited vertical, which means it will go straight up, up, up until it dissapears.

Holy shit Sal, that's unbelievable man, hope you can shoot some video of that flying, I'd love to see that in action....wow...

cynr1023

TT Racer
And that's all electric? I use to have gas ones, kind of a pain but the electric motors weren't really that great 20 years ago.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
yeah, the guys who were into RC years ago typically don't realize how far electric has come. It is definately the fastest growing segment of the hobby, and the power and range are very good. The brushless e-flite motor in this plane is 450 watts which is well over 1/2 hp!! It wasn't cheap but it has hundreds of flights on it. Depending on the battery I use ( only lithium polymer) it can fly for 10 minutes or more per battery. You have to spend money for speed just like anything. The RC forums are as good or better than the mc forums with tons of mods and technical info but I only lurk there. I mod every plane for more performance.

I'm looking for a brushless electric 4 wheel drive truck or snowmobile for the winter . By reading hundreds of threads and doing research I will find a fast one for less than $200.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Two Stroke
I really must make the time to get mine finished too. I picked this one up at a swap meet some time ago to fly in the local park about 2 minutes from home. It's from the same range as Sal's Camel. I normally fly gas powered planes, but not finding the time for that lately either.

Attachments

• DSC_0007a.JPG
    DSC_0007a.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0008a.JPG
    DSC_0008a.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0009a.JPG
    DSC_0009a.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 0