EFI model exhaust mods

Kiwi

Two Stroke
That's right. No airbox mod and the injectors are still there. Just a pipe change and a remap done, no other changes made. Although I did replace the plastic choke/fast idle knob with an alloy one I made :D

Attachments

• DSCF2374a.JPG
    DSCF2374a.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF2375a.JPG
    DSCF2375a.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 0

Kappy

Two Stroke
EFI model exhaust mods

Can anyone recommend nice mufflers which have a better deeper sound but not needing remapping or airbox removal? I have a T100 2010 great bike but my tuned Royal Enfield 500ccm sounds much better

Kind regards

Kappy

jhillier71

Street Tracker
British Customs - check out their website. Top notch guys.

I have Predators on my 2010 efi (remapped) Thrux10.

S

seven

from all the videos on youtube, i feel that both B.C predator and Norman Hyde classic/togas produce wonderful distinct exhaust growls. I think the difference is that the predator sings in a higher pitch than the togas.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Kappy, Take a piece of rebar and bash thru all the internal guts of the stock silencers, Sound is more of a deeper tonal growl and no remap is needed. Most riders there in Dubai wouldn't even know you've done any mods by the looks of your pipes but at least you won't have to hear anyone say, "Those sure are quiet dude." I ride with a Harley bunch and it seems that they believe that it ain't powerful unless there's a chance of it rupturing your ear drums.
I ride with plugs in my ears when we do a rally with them. Hell, once while riding before my days of inserting my plugs I thought my flippin ears were bleeding from the insane loudness!
Good Luck with your quest.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
For en EFI...

I have the BC basic performance package with an arrow 2into2 remap. Its awesome.

I was running staintune slip ones instead of predators... they have more torque and are a little quieter. I prefer the predators.

2009 - EFI Thruxton

sportyone

Street Tracker
carbed section ?

I reckon we should have a dedicated section, just for carbed machines, 'cose with the new EFI bikes,
we don't really have much in common & threads don't apply to us or our great machines. carbs are more fun & more classic, IMO :ride:
an interest in carbed bikes myself, I like learning from other carbed owners experience & stories.

cheers, :up:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Can anyone recommend nice mufflers which have a better deeper sound but not needing remapping or airbox removal? I have a T100 2010 great bike but my tuned Royal Enfield 500ccm sounds much better

Kind regards

Kappy

I have dominator touring pipes for www.triumphperformanceusa.com and spent a great deal of time researching pipes. I read the stickyforum on exhaust and it is a personal pref at the end of the day but some good info in there. I have a 2009 Bonne SE and the pipes are awsome great sounding, deep note and not to loud but you still turn heads. Ask Carlos he helped me out heaps with my decision and the above company also designed the predator pipes to my understanding as well. Best of luck in your decision all I can say is I love the way my bike sounds and so do all of my mates who are bike riding nuts. Kindest regards Ben Dickens

Next on me list is a set of header pipes that dont have the pre cat in.
Wonder if triumphant in Wales has a set to suit bonneville SE. or stainless headers :-D suggestions for UK sources appreciated.

REmoved the catalyst on the Guzzi last year and all the rising heat went, when still at a junction - bliss, free flowing and smoother too!

Want to sort things before Eurocrats move in etc. Like the EFI tuning section BUT i do take note what other bonneville mods are happening :-D

Keep up the good work everyone :-D