car cruisin

Bonafide

NBR founder
hit a local cruise in today. hot as hell - but still a good turn out. the drive home in the cooler temps was nice. here's some pics of my favs that showed up.

Attachments

• DSC00644.jpg
    DSC00644.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00654.jpg
    DSC00654.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00651.jpg
    DSC00651.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00649.jpg
    DSC00649.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00648.jpg
    DSC00648.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00647.jpg
    DSC00647.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00646.jpg
    DSC00646.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00645.jpg
    DSC00645.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
last few .. and of course, one of a typical native from Georgia. :rocks:

Attachments

• DSC00650.jpg
    DSC00650.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00653.jpg
    DSC00653.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00655.jpg
    DSC00655.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00652.jpg
    DSC00652.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Luv to see those old hotrods.....back in the day those were the things that were babe magnets....I had an old 51 Merc Coupe and a bud that ran a chrome shop...chromed everything I could get off the engine and engine compartment and drove the strip in Phoenix on the weekends with the hood off ending up each circuit at the Bob's Big Boy drive in....ahh, my wasted youth!!! (wouldn't trade it for nothin)

Nick Morey

Rocker
What a cool walk back through history. Everything from 'cheater slicks' to Herbie, and a mullet to boot! :kewl:

Bonafide

NBR founder
mustang is very coollllll
LMT

Yes it was. It had a built SBF, World Class T5 5 speed, vintage air conditioning, ostrich leather inserts on stock seats, aftermarket white face gauges, etc. Everything was subtle - which I like. You really had to look close to see all the cool stuff he had done to that one. I did ask the owner how come he didnt upgrade the rear brakes to disc and his reply was, 'I ran out of money'.

msc66

Two Stroke
Ha! I like the way you "fixed" it. I love traditional hot rods and customs but ratrods ... I just don't get it.

msc66

Two Stroke
hit a local cruise in today. hot as hell - but still a good turn out. the drive home in the cooler temps was nice. here's some pics of my favs that showed up.

Where was this at? I try to hit cruises in the atlanta area when I can but this one doesn't look familiar.

Bonafide

NBR founder
it was in Dallas, Ga. times are suppose to be 5-10, but people get there early and usually start leaving out by 9pm

1st Sunday - Caffeine & Octane (Avenues of East Cobb)
2nd Saturday - Barrett Pwy & Hwy 120 (parking lot next to Weds)
3rd Saturday - Canton (Riverstone)
4th Saturday - Dallas, Ga on the square
5th Sunday - downtown Acworth

msc66

Two Stroke
Thanks Dude,

I've been to the one on Barrett quite a few times and the Riverstone one. Always wanted to do the caffeine and octane but I have a real problem getting up early enough. Have to make a point to check out the others.

Never understood why they don't do these later in the day when the sun's not so blazing hot. Cruising is supposed to be done at night.

Here's a pic of my car.

MC01.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder

Nice.

The Caffeine & Octane is worth the early morning trip. 7am to 11am. 500+ cars and not what you're use to seeing at most cruise-ins. Lambos to Military 2.5Ts to BMW 2002s. Very cool eclectic crowd. My favorite cruise in around here by far. When the Riverstone/Canton started charging money to park your car for other people can look at it for free ... I quit going to that one.

msc66

Two Stroke
This sunday's the 4th. Wonder if it'll still be going on? Have a party to go to the night before but I might try and force myself to head up there.

innominate

Street Tracker
Ha! I like the way you "fixed" it. I love traditional hot rods and customs but ratrods ... I just don't get it.

i like the rat rod look. but it's getting common. those 2 rats look just like the many that cruise around here in tx. i saw a couple at the local watermelon festival this past weekend and i didnt even bother takin pics of em. but i did get pics of a sweet custom 61-62 vette and a few other hot rods that were there. i guess rat rods are like any pop culture thing that will prob get run into the ground.

the hot rods and trucks are classics that have stood the test of time.