39 years later

champ7fc

Scooter
39 years ago I bought a Norton Commando. With family obligations and tight finances I was forced to sell it 10 years later. I always regretted that move and decided that when I could I would have another.Two years ago I started a reconstruction of a 1971 Commando Fastback from a frame and an engine and transmission. hours and hours and dollars later I brought her out into my back yard from my cellar workshop today for some photos. She will take a plce of honor next to my 2007 Bonneville and share riding duties. I thought that some of you would like to see her. I am proud as punch.

Attachments

• 2010 10 24_0038.jpg
    2010 10 24_0038.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2010 10 24_0040.jpg
    2010 10 24_0040.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • 2010 10 30_0053.jpg
    2010 10 30_0053.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
woooow!!!! You couldn't have picked a more beautiful bike to restore. Congradulations, would love to see more pics of the resto if you have 'em.

Grassy53

Scooter
Fantastic.....top job
38 years ago had a red fastback myself with Dunstall megaphones. Have a 07 T100 now. Still trying to get the best of both worlds, love the look of the upswept reverse cone exhaust. Not the same but have ordered some predators for the bonnie for that reason.

Champ7fc, damn fine job. There's just something about a Commando that makes you want to nurture it and bring it back. I did the same a couple of years ago

Before (crap pic)

Norton005Small.jpg

After

Picture001-1.jpg

Please post more pics of the restoration and bike as it is now. Love to see a good old classic back to it's beauty.

Cheers,

Pikey

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Great Restoration

Fantastic work!! I can appreciate all the time you put into that. Hope to see you next summer, mid August, at the Brit Jam bike show. I'd love to see that in person.

Mark

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Outstanding - gorgeous bike - incredible work champ7!!! You too Pikey!
You guys are knockin' me out - damn fine restorations!