Oh, woe am I, what am I gonna do

I promised my wife any bike see wanted if she would go to the MSF and get her license and ride along with me. After much shopping around, looking at all kinds of motorcycles, she chose an all black "883 Harley hugger". :shrug: I'm so ashamed I hang my head everywhere I go now; and it won't be delivered until next Thursday.

She has already picked out a pair of high heeled "Harley boots. Next thing, she'll be getting her body tatooed and pierced in the nether regions and buying all kinds of "gay pirate" stuff. OH, WOE IS ME. OH WOE IS ME. What am I to do? :chin::crazy:

em_dot

Street Tracker
Screw that! Nothing wrong with her choice. Not all folks on HDs are assholes. Just a small minority. Most of my friends ride them and they are cool as beans. She's going to look awesome on a Sporty.

You're a lucky fella! Enjoy the company.

...just make sure you protect your investment and make sure the head-gear isn't stereo-typical Harley bandanna but a Dot/Snell dome :D

You'll love riding with the knife. I get a real kick outta riding with mine..that was until she had an off that scared the crap out of me more than her. Full gear saved the day and she's a no fear woman ...even rode home 120miles w/ bent handlebars!

Enjoy!

schnabba

Two Stroke
well, if you lived here in Raleigh, you'd both go to the same place to get stuff for your motorcycles anyway.....

Gretsch

Rocker
Some HDs are cool. I like the looks of the Cross Bones (after some much needed mods to de-1%'er it).

Not everyone who rides a Harley is a gay pirate, but every gay pirate rides a Harley.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I like the Sportys; like the Bonnies, a lot can been done with them and you have a nice canvas to work off of. About the only problem you might have is if you will be able to keep up with her :eeek::lol:

T-boy

Rocker
Not a problem...you'll be blocks ahead of her...no one will know your together. What did she base her decision on? Looks? Performance? Harley clothing line?

drlapo

Hooligan
Your average speed will now decrease dramatically as the average cruising speed of a Harley sportster is about 40 mph. Distances will be much less also as the average length of a "tour" for a Harley is all a way to the next bar.
The sportster is a 50-year-old motorcycle and it shows. It has a lot of potential, but Harley will just not develop the bike

Clarke

Scooter
This could cause many changes, e.g. Flashing her chest to strangers. A sudden desire to travel to South Dakota in August. Buying dozens of T shirts, (as long as they are black). Joining H.O.G. not knowing why she joined. Thinking Willie G. is an artist, and on and on. BUT wait, the flashing part is good.....right?

What did she base her decision on? Looks? Performance? Harley clothing line?

She wanted a bike with a low seat and good balance when not rolling. She tried just about everything available and said the Harley was the easiest to balance and pick up off the side stand.

I'm looking forward to riding together. If it gets the mileage the specs say it is capable of, we'll both be gassing up together. Speed is not really important, I like to cruise and enjoy the total ride experience. I'm sure it will go fast enough for the type of roads I like to ride.(as little superslab as possible)

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Show her what a real woman, on a real motorcycle looks like.

She's turning into a gay pirate. :(

k52wwx.jpg

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
She wanted a bike with a low seat and good balance when not rolling. She tried just about everything available and said the Harley was the easiest to balance and pick up off the side stand.

I'm looking forward to riding together. If it gets the mileage the specs say it is capable of, we'll both be gassing up together. Speed is not really important, I like to cruise and enjoy the total ride experience. I'm sure it will go fast enough for the type of roads I like to ride.(as little superslab as possible)

Hey man...you have the right attitude. If this is the bike for her then this is the bike for her; don't get strung up too much in brand loyalty as far as pushing it off to others. At the end of the day, the both of you are rolling down the road on two wheels and getting to spend that time together as BOTH of you are riding. I think it is cool that you two have a "mixed" relationship now...could make for fun times ribbing each other later on. Get out, ride the bikes and have a blast. That is what they are meant for no matter what emblem is on the tank.