I only missed my mark by 500 miles, or CO here I come again!

Oxblood

750cc
Well I was working every angle possible too move my butt back out to my hometown of Vegas but with the market out there my wife couldn't find a job in her field. She did land one on the western slope of Colorado so it looks like I'll be spending a couple of years out there. It was dependent on her because while I was making decent money playing with Nascar here in the dirty south she went and got her masters. Now its my turn I'll be headed back to school for photography and graphic design, I figure I'll do two years here then head to UNLV. I'm not a huge fan of the western slope but shes found a cheap place to live and it'll give us some time to regroup before we set our sights back on sin city. I'll be headed out by august 15 so any of you CO guys wanna ride drop me a line, I'm excited to give the million dollar highway a go!

Matt

Oxblood

750cc
what did you do in the nascar field ox?

I worked for Red Bull Racing shipping cars back and forth to Austria and Italy for testing and shows, sold used parts and inventory control. In a few words parts + shipping/receiving :D Biggest perk I miss (other than access to any tool I could ever dream of using) is sitting in the background of this shot :D Unlimited free red bull:headbang2:

DSC02805.JPG

I'm the guy with the black t-shirt looking pissed off with my arms crossed in this shot:
picture.php

The sad part is from that shot I think there is only one guy left that still works there and that was almost our whole team back in 2006

Parts pretending we're doing something important for the redbull blog:
PartsDept.jpg

Last edited:

Bonniebret

Rocker
Best of wishes Ox. As an art director for almost 20 years the best advice I can give you is concept is everything, your eye is a more powerful tool than Photoshop, and learn as many web programs as you can.

nohawk

Rocker
I drink too much Red Bull, I can tell a difference between the stuff made in Switzerland and America. Big portion of my daily dollars Im afraid.

I worked/lived/camped near Rifle for about 8 months and loved it.Good luck out there dude, sounds like you and your Mrs. got it rolling but it also seems your leaving a cool job.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
If you're talking the Grand Junction area there's lots of nice roads in the vicinity. And.... Moab, UT is almost next door. Any road heading to Grand Mesa is nice.

Oxblood

750cc
If you're talking the Grand Junction area there's lots of nice roads in the vicinity. And.... Moab, UT is almost next door. Any road heading to Grand Mesa is nice.
I'll be living in Parachute and I know the area well, got kicked out of Mesa State college during my first round with upper education... My wife's dad was a hardcore rockcrawler guy before he passed so we are both hella excited to take his 78 land cruiser out to moab. It's got all the goods and she knows how to handle it so its a ton of fun.

This is a picture from before he made it into the beast it is today:
trcobm7.jpg

but it also seems your leaving a cool job.
Fun job but I hate nascar, I've never even watched a whole race although I worked in it for three years. I didn't have any choice in the matter, I was laid off when they cleared out the European management and brought in the Americans.

Last edited:

fender

Street Tracker
My wife's dad was a hardcore rockcrawler guy before he passed so we are both hella excited to take his 78 land cruiser out to moab. It's got all the goods and she knows how to handle it so its a ton of fun.

This is a picture from before he made it into the beast it is today:
trcobm7.jpg

Oxblood, best wishes on the move and going back to school. I did the same thing an few years back and now it's my wife's turn to figure out what she wants to do. Do you have more pics of the Land Cruiser that you can post?