Let's do it ... again

Bonafide

NBR founder
Blame it on the new guy who shows up asking if he should buy a CB ... :D

It's a 74 K model. Has 38k miles. Basically unmolested (if you dont count the ape bars). Runs like a top ... smooth and crisp.

It'll sit in the garage while collect parts - which will take a while cause I want all the really cool stuff on this one.

Attachments

• 74_cb_2010.jpg
    74_cb_2010.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 74_cb_5_2010.jpg
    74_cb_5_2010.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 74_cb_4_2010.jpg
    74_cb_4_2010.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 74_cb_3_2010.jpg
    74_cb_3_2010.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 74_cb_2_2010.jpg
    74_cb_2_2010.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0

Nick Morey

Rocker
I knew you were gonna miss that old bike! Look's like you've got a nice one to start with. I'll bet the new guy would take that seat off your hands...

koifarm

Hooligan
You're a lucky guy!.....I keep hoping one will show up down here but so far, it's a desert out there.....ah well, my ship will come in one day!!
Nice looking bike Dude, glad you found her.....

Yours is so much cleaner than mine!

Edit:

Bonafide, I watch your videos of the 750 you had at least once a week. I was just watching them and I'm wondering where you got the controls for that thing? They look brand new. Throttle, lights, etc. Are they aftermarket, something you just rigged yourself with that ridiculous knowledge shit you've got??

Let me know if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Thats a real nice one. What are the "good" parts? Yoshimura big bore?Etc....

BCR body parts, Race Tech suspension, custom triple trees, clip ons, dual front disc, rear sets, .. you get the idea.
:headbang2:

I dont need go fast engine parts .. 70hp is enough for me. ;)

Bonafide

NBR founder
Yours is so much cleaner than mine!

Edit:

Bonafide, I watch your videos of the 750 you had at least once a week. I was just watching them and I'm wondering where you got the controls for that thing? They look brand new.

I used new universal controls along with an updated larger bore Nissin front master cylinder ...

jkp41

Scooter
Blame it on the new guy who shows up asking if he should buy a CB ... :D

This just isnt fair!:rant: Now you're going to make me look bad and totally blow my high. By the time mine gets started, you'll have yours looking way better than mine ever will. I'll just have to throw money at mine. Thanks....

;)

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
dont worry new guy ... it'll be this time next year (or later) before i finish this one. you'll have plenty of time to shine yours up. ;)

jkp41

Scooter
Hopefully I'll get to work on mine over winter. If all goes as planned, I'll be graduated and making good money by then. I'm thinking I'll end up going the same route you're thinking of with Benji's bodywork. I'd like to pretty much rebuild everything on the bike and have it like new when I'm done. I'm not planning on selling it ever if I can help it so I'm not too worried about the whole not getting back what you put into it part.

em_dot

Street Tracker
...and totally blow my high

You know Bonafide's a Cop in real life right? There's a K9 too. Just sayin'...

Hey Bonafide. Given how nice your last CB750 was, would ya' mind documenting parts/sources for this cafe build? I was never really into the whole CB thing until I saw yours. Round here they are all ratty little crap boxes. You've peaked my interest.

Bonafide

NBR founder
sure em_dot. I'll give it a shot .. most of it is just run of the mill - go to the M/C shop and let's open the parts catalog and see what fits - stuff. I really like my local bike shop and the guy who owns it. he cuts me a deal on parts and figures out all the stuff I cant. I'll buy a few pieces/parts on eBay - but only when there's no other known source. I hate ebay - but it's a necessary evil at times.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I wonder if Benji is ever going to do a cafe kit for Bonnie/Thurx.

I've talked to him a couple times about this ... he was saying he needed a frame to work with - but I kinda forget where it went from there - thinkin it was a no. I know I would buy a tank/seat combo or two ...