hs01jowe -2009 T100

hs01jowe

Two Stroke
It's about time to update my bonnie a bit. It's not exactly going to be engine rebuilds and advanced stuff since I'm still a bit new to motorcycles :drive:

Here is my plan:

Summer 2010

*Norman Hyde M-Bars - Done!
*Change the stock indicators
*Norman Hyde Togas - Done!
*Bar-end Mirrors
*AI-Elimination Kit
*Rear fender reflector removal (Any tips on that one?)
*Pedestrian Slicer (Maybe)

Winter/Spring 2011

*Airbox Removal Kit
*Power Commander and tuning + dyno by a professional.
*Dunlop Sportmax Tires (F:110/R:150)

Any good comments/feedback is appreciated :cheers:

I will update this thread as the work progress.

Last edited:

hs01jowe

Two Stroke
First update! My NH Bars arrived today, it was simple enough to change out the stock bars. My god what a difference when riding!

The bike feels so much more light and agile. Went out for a test ride after mounting the bars and I had to refuel before I came back!

rlYlMWNfn.jpg

tnUcwPLmY.jpg

Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Hello to Sweden.
Pretty bike...I have the same year and model only different color.
Check out my threads in the Project Zone. I have done many of the things you are considering.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Best Regards.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I have a carb'd Bonnie so I can't help you with all the tunings and questions dealing with the EFI. I do however have a pedesterian slicer that I wanted for the nostalgic/fun factor because of having a Trumpet. I went back and forth on what I wanted and decided to get the no-drill ped. slicer from newbonneville.com. I didn't want to drill into my mudguard and I am happy with how it looks. Nice thing about it is that you can take it on and off as you like. I think it took me 10 minutes to get it on and that was with holding a beer in one hand as I did it:D I think the ped. slicer can get a little pricey depending how you want to do it. Are you going to take it to a painter? Do your own paint job? Use address stickers? etc. I brought mine to a painter that I knew and she was able to match up the tangerine and tied the colors of the slicer with the bike itself. Here are some pics of what I am talking about...hope it helps.

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

hs01jowe

Two Stroke
I got a package from Norman Hyde today..

QQUsdNJNE.jpg

I was my togas :)

rriGDSYyn.jpg

They really have a genuine handmade quality-feel, I'm in love!

UtgXvqfjz.jpg

Any tips on the side-stand hitting the silencer issue?

I got a package from Norman Hyde today..

Any tips on the side-stand hitting the silencer issue?

With the bike on the side-stand slip a piece of pipe over the foot lever on the stand and bend it slightly towards the front of the bike, go a little at a time and try it to see if it clears the pipe then bend a little more if necessary. It does bend quite easily. Might be a good idea to have somebody on hand to support the bike while you do the bending but I did mine by myself without any problem.

hs01jowe

Two Stroke
ahhhhhhhhh nothing like a box of bits to make you warm and fuzzy.......
LMT

Amen, brother

With the bike on the side-stand slip a piece of pipe over the foot lever on the stand and bend it slightly towards the front of the bike, go a little at a time and try it to see if it clears the pipe then bend a little more if necessary. It does bend quite easily. Might be a good idea to have somebody on hand to support the bike while you do the bending but I did mine by myself without any problem.

I'm a bit worried about bending stuff. But maybe I don't have any choice..

monty

Street Tracker
I simply slid a small piece of rubber over the end if the side stand tang and held it in place with two cable ties. Very unobtrusive and has lasted nine years. No damage to silencer and no bending involved.

Monty.

hs01jowe

Two Stroke
I simply slid a small piece of rubber over the end if the side stand tang and held it in place with two cable ties. Very unobtrusive and has lasted nine years. No damage to silencer and no bending involved.

Monty.

Sounds like the rubber would melt? or maybe I'm misunderstanding..

I also have the hydes on my bon. But never had any issue with sidestand hitting them? Can you maybe twist silencer more?

I've tried.. You don't happen to have a picture of yours?