Eeek Guns!

Shorty

Two Stroke
When the family and I used to go camping alot, I favored my .357 Mag with a 4" barrel (I carry it still at times on my bike in a cross-draw holster).
As for wildlife...don't know what you intend to get into, but here in Texas we might run into cougars, bobcats or coyotes for which a .357 should be ok (hell, our governor just blasted a coyote with a .380 LCP a month ago or so while jogging).
Camping in Alaska would be a whole different story though.

Shorty

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
The camping would take place all throughout the Pacific Northwest and into the plains states. Bear would be a possibility especially through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, etc. I do know that this area can be well prime locations for cougars as well.

Oxblood

750cc
The camping would take place all throughout the Pacific Northwest and into the plains states. Bear would be a possibility especially through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, etc. I do know that this area can be well prime locations for cougars as well.

glock29.gif

10mm baby glock 29 I pocket carry (with a pcoket holster) it's baby brother the 9mm. 10mm doesn't pack as much punch as a magnum revolver but has 4 more rounds and is pretty stout while still being concealable. It's handle most bears your likely to run into.

ssjones

750cc
ive got a smith and wesson air wieght stub nose, great gun just a bit big to carry all the time.. i really like the rugar. but its $300 bones
My buddy has an LCP, it's a neat little gun and just disappears in your pocket. But, it is not much fun to shoot. We tried plinking with it once, wow, it's a hand stinger. But, he just bought it to ride in his pocket, not be a plinker. He really bought it for his wife, but after she shot it, she refused to carry it, so he bought her something else and kept it for himself.

cynr1023

TT Racer
Anyone had experience with BSA sights? Looking at getting a reflex sight or something with minimal magnification for my carbine.

Skeeter

Rocker
.22's will piss em off and put their attention on you...a tricky caliber to work with....

yea my dads been tellin me that with the .22. i shoot a 22 rifle and its like a hopped up BB gun. i just want somehting smaller. my .38s a great gun and i carry it in my truck with the "good bullets" its just hard to concel when its on me. im gonna go to a doffernt gun shop and look at some 9mms. id buy the LPC in a heart beat its jsut hard to find ammo around me

You can buy all the 380 ammo you can afford right here with FREE S&H right to your door!

http://ammoman.com/index.htm
Just click on the first index item . . . which is, of course 380 auto.
Hedge

i heard you have to be carfull with site like that. had a buddy who had a bullet get wedged in his barrel with ammo he bought off one of those rad sites.

Skeeter

Rocker
oh and im tryin to keep the price of a new one under 400. taurus are awesome but big paper but i liek their saftey key lock thinger

KingBear

Hooligan
In my opinion the problem with a .22 isn't so much its lack of stopping power (it might not put a guy down but it will probably make him reconsider his course of action), but rather the fact that rimfires are more prone to misfire and malfunctions than centerfires. Still, the .22 you have with you in your pocket is better than the .45 you left at home.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Anyone have the walther P99? I had the opportunity to pick one up the other day and I must say the thing fit me like a glove, also the thing was very smooth and had very little play in the parts. Seems like a very well put together piece. I just figured I'd ask if any of y'all had one and how its held up or if you've had any problems. Only thing I can see doing to it is replacing the crappy ass guide rod they put in it with a stainless steel one, and then adding some different sights.

koifarm

Hooligan
Walther weapons have been one of the iconic manufacturers out there, their weapons are well thought out, always work smoothly and are aesthetically beautiful as well, function and form in harmony.
You cannot go wrong owning one.

KingBear

Hooligan
Anyone have the walther P99? I had the opportunity to pick one up the other day and I must say the thing fit me like a glove, also the thing was very smooth and had very little play in the parts. Seems like a very well put together piece. I just figured I'd ask if any of y'all had one and how its held up or if you've had any problems. Only thing I can see doing to it is replacing the crappy ass guide rod they put in it with a stainless steel one, and then adding some different sights.
Consider the HK P30. I believe the P30 is by far HK's best polymer-frame pistol to date. It has great ergos, a pic rail, and interchangeable grip panels.

lg_P30_5.jpg

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Consider the HK P30. I realize that I am not exactly unbiased, but I do believe the P30 is by far HK's best polymer-frame pistol to date. It has great ergos, a pic rail, and interchangeable grip panels. The LEM trigger and DA/SA configurations are great, but pass on the variant with the decocking button on the back. I always objected to that arrangement.

lg_P30_5.jpg

I'll have to take a look at it, I like not having an exposed hammer at all like the walther but if the gun is as comfortable then I'll have to give it a test run.

Skeeter

Rocker
Hey Skeeter, have a look at the millenium pro line....subcompact CC series, all are good! I'm carrying a .45 but they have anything from a .22 on up....the .380's are nice!
http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=CC1&toggle=tp

ahah theyre the ones i was lookin at. i like em all. the 9mm to the .380. i like that little 22 but wouldnt spend money on a hopped up bb gun. like i said id buy a 380 in a heart beat but its tough to get ammo for them up here above filthadelphia. i still got a love for that ruger lpc.
my buddy carrys a keltec .380 and its tiny but niiice. he as the extended clip so his hand fits better on the little guy

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I have a kel-tec .32 and .380. Both are good, but the .32 is MUCH more pleasant to shoot. The Kahr PM9 is also a good pocket pistol with a lot of punch. The kel-tec pistols in a pocket holster just disappear in a front pocket and are both comfortable and invisible. All three conceal much better than a revolver. The little Ruger is a clone of the kel-tec and probably not any better. Customer service from Kel-tec is outstanding.

Skeeter

Rocker
well the good news is i went to a differnt local gun shop and they told me they have cases of .380 ammo AND they have the little .380 rugar i want for 285 bucks. my dad wants me to look for a 9mm but i like the little rugar in size, price and looks.

Oxblood

750cc
well the good news is i went to a differnt local gun shop and they told me they have cases of .380 ammo AND they have the little .380 rugar i want for 285 bucks. my dad wants me to look for a 9mm but i like the little rugar in size, price and looks.

I know if I had the extra money I'd be buying me a lcp. My 9mm is tedious to carry sometimes and I really like my wifes ruger.

Skeeter

Rocker
yea im gonna be buyin the lpc. i work 2 jobs 6 days a week. one job is crapplebees and i make pushin 100bills on a sat night so thats kinda half way there