tattoos!

I do think you described it perfectly. I put much thought into all the pieces of my work and come up with a rough idea and leave it to my artist to put idea to paper and then skin. It's almost a personification of self in art.

MSC, all that matters is that you are happy with your ink, screw what anyone else including us crazies here think if you are happy with it. To each his own.

I agree. If you got it just be cause you like it. That's all it needs to be. Afterall, isn't that why most people by art? If you got it because it tells a story of who you are, then that's cool too. You're the one wearing it. Not me. Who am I to judge why or how you got it? :D

Some more recent shots. The left arm is still a work in progress.

P4170075.jpg

P4170073.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

23449_379596936234_534521234_411357.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
most of all mine have meanin but i also got them cause i liked them of course. i just got a cactus tattooed on me when i was in AZ last month. just cause i loove cactus-ss and it was a permanent souvenir, now i have to move there. got bryan from the bounching souls to tattoo ECFU and brass knuckles on me. its a song by his band so i had to jumo at the offer to be tattooed by him

rodburner

Rocker
Well,now that I've gotten to look at several different reasons for getting a tat,I'll retract my "I like this,I don't like that " statement and :stfu:
And BFC, awesome aquatic's.
Much nicer that the unicorn emerging from the buttcrack of an ex-coworker!

Gretsch

Rocker
How long do you guys wait to see your tattoo artist? I made my appointment about two weeks ago and won't sit until January 2011. That's a long time but the guy is really good so it's worth the wait.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
How long do you guys wait to see your tattoo artist? I made my appointment about two weeks ago and won't sit until January 2011. That's a long time but the guy is really good so it's worth the wait.

I usually just call mine and ask when he is free or set up a day to go in and get work done.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I wish it was that easy to get in to see my guy. The upside is that you get a LONG time to think about what you want to do.

True, i spend tons of time thinking about my work before i even throw the idea out to the artist then i see him draw it up and tell him what I like, what I don't like etc etc.

Gretsch

Rocker
True, i spend tons of time thinking about my work before i even throw the idea out to the artist then i see him draw it up and tell him what I like, what I don't like etc etc.

Always a good practice. I have no alternative even if I know what I want I've still got 6 + months to meditate on it.

From my initial visit to the time I started having the ink put to skin was about 6 months. Started with providing details and photo's of ideas, then progressed to artists drawings. Deciding what I liked and didn't like. Then all the drawings were put into one idea for me to sign off on. Once that had been completed, we got started in the chair.

Now that we've started, She gives me priority. I schedule appointments every 2-3 weeks depending if she's in town or not. Damn tattoo expos! :D

My next appointment is this Saturday.

Skeeter

Rocker

my guy has a waitin list too, but hes a good friend of mine so he finds time.

My newest one, done last week and it hurt like a bitch. Getting the other foot done this week.

Attachments

• foottat.jpg
    foottat.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
2, 4 hour sittings. Completely freehanded. Top of the shoulder had me calling my artist a few choice names. I then had to tell him that he has probably caused me the most consistent physical pain and remarkably I still didn't want to punch him in my face. Anyway here it is

MattTatoo007.jpg

MattTatoo006.jpg

MattTatoo005.jpg

MattTatoo002.jpg

MattTatoo003.jpg

MattTatoo004.jpg

Very cool! I'm not sure what hurt more... The top of the shoulder or the underarm. The underarm sure itches like a sonofabitch when it's healing.

I going in tomorrow morning to get more work done on mine.

nohawk

Rocker
Tex, is it apen? or apeth with the top of the h snapped off?
Did the same guy do your arm too? The new one looks like an old AFI cover.Real cool ink.
Skeeter you should detour thru Hustletown and let Tex's guy do you one on the way to AZ. Whens that deal at Fitzgeralds again?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Tex, is it apen? or apeth with the top of the h snapped off?
Did the same guy do your arm too? The new one looks like an old AFI cover.Real cool ink.
Skeeter you should detour thru Hustletown and let Tex's guy do you one on the way to AZ. Whens that deal at Fitzgeralds again?

Its greek, ἀρετή. Yup, my other arm as well. Guy is phenomenal, did my new work completely freehanded. Skeeter, cmon down on your way through and I'll let him know you want something done.

September 17-19th is the meet.

Skeeter

Rocker
well in aug theres a friday the 13th and a local shop does 13 dolla tats. ill get a little whiskey bottle with the number 13 on it.
im rollin thru texas at thye end of sept on my way to AZ but dad will be with me and he hates tattoos.
my artist is a good freind of mine so i need another before i leave from him.