Need advice on Bonnie clipons

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Lookin' sweet man, I bet you were looking for some sunshine to work in today! I rode my bike back to work after lunch and then did a lap after work, I think I've found the limit of my cold weather clothes!:eeek:

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Lookin' sweet man, I bet you were looking for some sunshine to work in today! I rode my bike back to work after lunch and then did a lap after work, I think I've found the limit of my cold weather clothes!:eeek:

You're not kidding -- 'twas cold today! I rode around the block and came back home, and I'm still cold from it, three hours later.

Let's get together soon and ride!

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I'm down, just need the weather and job to cooperate! I think it'll look pretty again today, but chilly and there was no way I was riding to work at 6 am:nono:

I rode this afternoon at dusk, and just about froze my ass off. But it was worth it! You have got to hear this Arrow system!

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I'm a lightweight!

But I did ride my bike to work yesterday at 10am, and then did my lap around the res. at around 2 pm, pretty damn nice with the sun out! I rode the bike in this morning but at 37* I just came straight in, I figure after lunch and the ride home could be nice what are you doing around 4pm?

localmotion411

Street Tracker
But I did ride my bike to work yesterday at 10am, and then did my lap around the res. at around 2 pm, pretty damn nice with the sun out! I rode the bike in this morning but at 37* I just came straight in, I figure after lunch and the ride home could be nice what are you doing around 4pm?

I've got one hell of a Monday going so far (can't help but regularly peek in on this forum on occasion!). Looks like I won't be free today to ride; I be cranking at work until probably 5:30 or 6:00 and my band is rehearsing at 7. This weekend's weather looks to be perfect; let's see if we can get something together, at least check out each other's bikes and a ride.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I think I want to powder coat the clip ons as well as the headlight bucket. Should I powdercoat the headlight ring as well?

Big thanks to Seth aka D9 for helping me sort out a laydown gauge bracket for my bike. The problem was that his brackets usually are lowered at the front but raised up off the triple clamp via risers, and we both feel it might look weird to have them raised up that much off the clamp. But there may not be enough room between the gauges and the headlight to use one of his brackets as-is with no risers. We'll see what the master comes up with!

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I think I want to powder coat the clip ons as well as the headlight bucket. Should I powdercoat the headlight ring as well?

It looks good both ways on the headlight ring, maybe if your blacking everything then the ring should be blacked also.

I also would like some opinions on whether I should stick with my CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter bar-end mirrors or switch to a set of Rizomas that mount in the stock mirror holes, like one of these:

http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/zoom.cfm?IMG=http://www.rizoma.com/IMG/Prodotti/Big/BS140B.jpg

http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/zoom.cfm?IMG=http://www.rizoma.com/IMG/Prodotti/Big/BS080B.jpg

I say you should get the Rizomas and sell me the CRG's at a heavily discounted price. Really.

Oh okay the Rizomas are the way to go for looks (I think) but may not reach out far enough to see around your elbow, not sure.

Going to NO this weekend but should be back on Sunday, if I make it early enough I may go hit the Trace.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
It looks good both ways on the headlight ring, maybe if your blacking everything then the ring should be blacked also.

I say you should get the Rizomas and sell me the CRG's at a heavily discounted price. Really.

Oh okay the Rizomas are the way to go for looks (I think) but may not reach out far enough to see around your elbow, not sure.

Going to NO this weekend but should be back on Sunday, if I make it early enough I may go hit the Trace.

I'm jealous -- please go eat at Mr. B's or Galatoire's or Commander's Palace (or all of the above) and let me know what I missed out on.

You may be right about the Rizomas not sticking out far enough, but I'd rather have them higher up than down low on my bars, at least with the clip ons and how low they are. With stock bars or M Bars, the CRG's are great. Let me think about selling them.

I can't wait for this weather to clear up...

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I've been running the Naps so I know what you mean about being real low, you have to divert your attention from the road to the mirrors and back, it takes some getting used to.

This weather sucks, I think it's the first time I've seen sleet in MS, and everywhere looks about ready to flood. Oh well, time to find some Buffing compound and paint stripper, these fork lowers aren't nearly shiney enough for me!

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I've been running the Naps so I know what you mean about being real low, you have to divert your attention from the road to the mirrors and back, it takes some getting used to.

This weather sucks, I think it's the first time I've seen sleet in MS, and everywhere looks about ready to flood. Oh well, time to find some Buffing compound and paint stripper, these fork lowers aren't nearly shiney enough for me!

If there's one thing I like as much as a blacked-out Bonnie, it's one with some shiny bits!

Now that there is an angle to the stock mirror holes in my controls due to the clip ons, I need to figure out how a set of Rizomas would look. I may do a hobo mockup with coathangers and try to get the angle as close as possible from pictures before taking the leap. Still not sure which ones, though. Some of them look like they belong on the space shuttle. I like the two in my previous post the best, but I wonder if the round ones would look best; those are speaking to me for some reason.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I ordered a set of Rizoma Dynamic mirrors in black from PJ's Parts -- should look killer.

Hey buckstoy, you still want to buy my CRG's? I also have the adaptors for use with stock Bonnie handlebars, so it would be a plug-and-play bolt on.

Also buckstoy, do you know of any good powdercoaters in our area? I want to powdercoat my headlight bucket, my clip ons, and the piggyback reservoirs for my Ohlins.

Hollywood

Scooter
Hey localmotion,

Have you considered blacking out your tank badges, and then sanding the paint off of the
raised "triumph" lettering ala Rodburner? His badges look great on his blacked out bonnie.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Hey buckstoy, you still want to buy my CRG's? I also have the adaptors for use with stock Bonnie handlebars, so it would be a plug-and-play bolt on.

Also buckstoy, do you know of any good powdercoaters in our area?

I'll have to check out the CRG's, will they fit my 7/8" clip-ons? Don't know of any powdercoaters around, sorry.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Hey localmotion,

Have you considered blacking out your tank badges, and then sanding the paint off of the
raised "triumph" lettering ala Rodburner? His badges look great on his blacked out bonnie.

I have been meaning to do that but not quite sure how I'm going to do it yet. I could do like your saying (which would probably be easiest and look great) or I could get some Testor enamel paint (model car paint) and using a brush color in where I want it black. I'll probably use the rodburner method. I need to get some industrial-strength durable enamel spray.