Need advice on Bonnie clipons

DavidC

Rocker
That's just beautiful. So is the black. Out last night and looking down at the gauges lit up with light all around them. What a great sight , my speedys the same thing with the twin buckets. Triumph does a great job of making the view from the cockpit sweet

I don't know...the view on a standard Bonneville - with the speedo sitting off to the left - only pissed me off! :D

RonD

Scooter
Me too David the tacometer fitment was more about doing away with that weird look then the need for the instrument.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Sweet Jesus Ron! That bike looks sexier every time I see it!

Jay - your bike looks great! I can also see that the economic crisis our country is in the middle of has not yet reached Mississippi! That is an outstanding list of upgrades you got on her and she looks awesome!

Thanks, Hedge. The crisis is hitting everyone pretty hard and MS is no exception. I happen to not be married yet and have currently stopped spending money on my other expensive hobby, guitars and amps, so I can justify my motorcycle expenditures. My plan is to get my two bikes exactly how I want them and then quit (we all know how that can go). The Ducati is finished; no more $ to be spent there. The Bonnie is close. Maybe.

Got the LSL rearsets in today -- they are gorgeous. Will take a post-install pic soon.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
So I've got a set of Arrow 2 into 2 exhaust coming (you may have seen them on fleabay). Got my LSL rearsets in today; they're going on in a couple of hours. Once I get the clip-ons in, I'll get to work on lowering the headlight brackets figuring out the front end.

Stay tuned...

rodburner

Rocker
I think it might be the fork width.

:woot:
Jeff,when I first experimented with bottom mount headlights,I used a Thrux top clamp.It slid right on.

Dadsbikepics536.jpg

D9

Vendor
?

That looks like a Bonnie top clamp... has the cast bosses
sticking out in front... thruxton doesn't have them little dudes

rodburner

Rocker
Seth,that pic shows the clamp facing forward and upside down,after I hogged out the aluminum inside the ribbing.Here`s the clamp,still backward,but right side up,before skeletonizing.
Dadsbikepics172.jpg

well, good to know. I thought I'd read a post a while back about a dude trying to fit a thrux top clamp and it wouldn't fit. Maybe he was a dumbass!

D9

Vendor
Ok, got it... I was looking at the top clamp upper not the
the lower... I see whatcha done now :D

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Seth,that pic shows the clamp facing forward and upside down,after I hogged out the aluminum inside the ribbing.Here`s the clamp,still backward,but right side up,before skeletonizing.
Dadsbikepics172.jpg

So the Thruxton top triple clamp is a direct swap for the stock Bonnie top triple clamp? Not sure how the stock Bonnie one will look once I remove the handlebar mounts. A black powdercoated Thruxton one might look better.

If it is a direct swap, for $145, that seems like a great deal on an OEM part from Triumph. Everything else is balls out expensive.

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
I don`t know if it will fit on or not.I didn`t try to mount it up in a handlebar configuration.It might be different in regards to the steering stem/fork tube alignment.I only mentioned the width between the fork legs being compatable.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
LSL rearsets installed:
DSC00644.jpg

Also installed LEDs in clocks and lights (blue in gauges) and toyed with two different locations for the Veypor unit:
DSC00631.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

Last edited: