Need advice on Bonnie clipons

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I think you'll be hard-pressed to get 350 for your headers and 300 for the TORs.

Thanks; I have no idea how much to ask, so I threw a number out there based on how much they are new on BikeBandit and how much they are going for on eBay. Guess I overshot.

What would you suggest?

drlapo

Hooligan
I sold my TORS for $200
anything used is half price
bikes depreciate 30% the first year and accessories drop by 50%
although a few years ago I bought a Corbin seat for my T140,paid $200 new from Corbin, didn't like it and sold it for $150 it showed up on eBay and sold for $225 (more than retail!)

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
250 seems like a good deal on headers. Thats give or take what they go for on ebay everytime I looked. I got my Thrux headers for 190... but I set my max bid at 325 when it was still 100. And the person that tried bidding at the end just gave up I guess when he tried to increase it 10 dollars at a time.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Finished the install of the Arrow 2 into 2 exhaust today; even with the baffles in, it sounds killer! And it's super lightweight.
DSC00646.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

Next up: LSL clip ons, lowering of headlight, relocation of regulator/rectifier.

probably for the kickstand...that part is kinda funky looking, other than that they look great. Your bonnie is really taking shape. Your Duc is sweet too. Did I mention that I'm jealous?

localmotion411

Street Tracker
So I removed the baffles from the Arrow exhaust yesterday, and now we're getting somewhere. They sound very close to the Termi exhaust on my Ducati now in terms of sheer volume. They throb! Also, it was bogging down badly with baffles in, now it is much more powerful, so it won't be so much of a mystery to rejet, at least for me. As far as I can tell at this point, these sound as good as the Preds to my ears, although I haven't heard them in person but just in videos. I'll shoot some video of mine as soon as the weather clears up here so we can do a comparison with the Pred videos currently out there.

Received my LSL clipons (thanks, Carlos!) at a nice used price and polished them pretty good. Anyone have any tips on the easiest way to polish aluminum? Now to cut the bottoms off my headlight ears and drop those suckers down to make room for the clipons. I am a little concerned about the riding position it will make, so I am trying to do all the measuring and thinking about it I can so that I know I'm making the right decision by switching from M Bars to clipons. I know I want the headlight lowered, so I'll have to cut the ears no matter what. If I end up not liking the clipons, I'll either have to stack a bunch of fork seals above the ears and below the top triple clamp to fill the gap and hold the ears down, that or get a cheap AL set from Bella Corse.

It is going to look weird up front without the handlebars and yoke there. The gauges are going to be sticking up really high. I hope Seth (D9) can crank me out something quick so my bike doesn't look like a tard for too long.

Another thought I had was regarding the two holes that will be left on the top triple clamp where the handlebar yoke mounts. I think I'm going to get a small stick-on clock and thermometer by Formotion (http://www.heeters.com/clocks.shtml) to cover the holes with -- hopefully it will look pretty stock.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Finished modding my headlight brackets and lowering the headlight. Didn't have to relocate the rectifier/regulator, which was nice. Installed LSL clip ons; they feel great, but they get in the way of my controls a little and I had to slide the throttle side a little further onto the handle, which ended up with a little sticking out the end, no big deal. This is becoming one hell of a sporty Bonneville!
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Now to order the black D9 laydown sport gauge bracket and the Formotion clock and thermo to cover those holes in the triple clamp.

DavidC

Rocker
Yeah, man, your Thrux, I mean Bonneville is looking WAY cool! I parked my butt on an '09 Thrux yesterday as the guy is telling me I will not be happy until I buy it. True! But then my wife would not be happy after that. LOL

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Yeah, man, your Thrux, I mean Bonneville is looking WAY cool! I parked my butt on an '09 Thrux yesterday as the guy is telling me I will not be happy until I buy it. True! But then my wife would not be happy after that. LOL

Thanks! These clip ons are so much more comfortable than the stock Thruxton bars. They have a little more rise and a better angle.