How old and how many years have you been riding?

chuckster

Scooter
Started at 14 had big crash at 21 then 3 year gap, wife wanted me to stop when we had kids so at 56 i'am back in the saddle

Last edited:

klem

Scooter
Back on a 2012 bonneville black at 56 years. Stopped riding in 1976 feels good to be back on a bike again. Used to ride Hondas started with a 450cb then went to a 500 four cb had my eye on a 750cb four before i got married, did not eventuate. The bonneville was a dream for me so i had no hesitation to get one.

Amglo

moped
Started in 1966, dirt bikes then street, then chopper, back to street. Stopped in 1992. Started riding again in late 2009...still going strong. 30 years total.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I really like reading all you guys having 30+ years riding time...it doesn't make me feel like the old man on the bike! I just got done with a five hour run today...something about being on a bike that let's my mind relax and I can figure things out...I actually feel that I might think better when on a bike!!! Not that I'm a great thinker!!! HA!!!! Too much thought...I'm going to go for another ride!

As I said in my introduction,I started riding when I was 7 on a HondaZ50 Mini trail that was passed from my brother to my cousin to me.In High school I fixed up my first bike I bought a rolling chassis 74 Honda XL250 and a wrecked 73 XL250,putting the motor of the 73 into the 74.After school and kids and marriage I got out of bikes other than an occasional ride. 12 yrs ago I bought a 73 Triumph Tiger 750 and restored it. I'm now 45 and on an 06 Scrambler.

Rode bikes from 1968 until I "became as one" with the front grille and windshield of a '79 Nova, then finally back on in 2008 at age 52. It's fun to freak out the kids when those little pieces of fairing and glass occassionally poke through the skin, even after 30 years.

t140v

moped
Started riding mini bike's when I was 8. I moved up to dirt bike's when I was 11 and street bike's when I was 20. Seems like I have always had a bike or two in the garage and at least one was running. I'm 57.
7de84362.jpg

Pauljp

Scooter
I turned 52 last Friday. I have been riding for one month now. Bought a 2012 Bonneville. Still have my learners permit, so can't ride alone yet until after next summers road test. Planning on retiring at 55 so I can ride all over the place and relax. I don't like the fast roads, just want to cruise on relaxing country roads by myself.

RJRR

moped
When I was 16 I got a Honda 450 to ride for my first road bike.Found a Norton 750 Atlas so the Jap thing was replaced.Nothing better than a vertical twin and it being a British design bike.Class act they are. However,the Lucas word and parts ended my biking career plus that married and kids.When on my own alone once again I began thinking of getting another bike.Heard Triumph was coming out with the Bonneville in 2000 so I had to find a dealer to get on the list to grab one up.Was #12 on the list of 15 coming to his dealership so I got lucky to get mine arriving near mid summer of 2001.
To be alive again!Back on two wheels and rolling those turns in the mountains of Vermont and Mass. Nothing like it!

I am 60 and feel like 16 each time I fire up the Bonne, drop er into first gear, grab the throttle and then hold er down! Hear that sweet music coming out of those pipes running through the gears. Ahhhhh..... To me that is how you spell relief!

Cereal KLR

Two Stroke
Turned 57 a couple weeks back, been riding for 49 of them. First taste of sin was a Taco 22 minibike with a B&S 3 hp. Dozens of bikes have passed thru the garage over the years.

Mostly Japanese because of cheap buy in, but always lusted for European brands because they just looked "right". Had 1,2,3,4, and 6 cylinder versions just for fun and never really stuck with any one marque, love them all but the triples still make me walk over and look.

I managed to live this long despite noodle framed Kawasaki triples and drum brake Sportsters. Bought a late model Yamaha R1 and hated it, it was stupid fast and just as uncomfortable. Sold it with 40 miles,guess I am finally getting older.

LA_Geezer

Scooter
I was given my first PTW, a brand new 1959 Lambretta, for Christmas that year. I was 15, and I rode the streets of Paris for the next two years. When my family returned to the states, I continued riding for another year, but then sold the scooter to buy my first car, a 1953 Chevy. I was on a 46 year hiatus then and returned to riding four years ago when I was 64.

olbill

moped
74 and can still throw a leg over been riding 54 years can still do the ton. Did Sturgis last year on my Ultra i'm not done yet just had some cataracts fixed so i can see better.this is my 3rd Bonne.
OLBill

slowgator

750cc
74 and can still throw a leg over been riding 54 years can still do the ton. Did Sturgis last year on my Ultra i'm not done yet just had some cataracts fixed so i can see better.this is my 3rd Bonne.
OLBill

Ol' Bill rocks! Welcome! :rock:

monty

Street Tracker
Started in 1983 aged 17yrs. Thirty years.

Now got dodgy hands, bad back, Never pass a urinal but have no intention of stopping. Looking forward to teaching my lad who is nine and my daughter who is 4 months on Christmas day.

One of my ambitions is to do a long ride with my lad when I retire, hopefully with him on my current Bonneville.

Monty

Kiwi

Two Stroke
50 years old, riding since 1979 = 33 years. My riding is mostly to bike rallies around the country, but I get out for a number of day rides also. Bike's in the order I had them - Suzuki A50, Suzuki TS185N, Yamaha RD250F, Suzuki TS185ER, Suzuki GN400L, Suzuki GSX750F, Suzuki DR650SE, Ducati ST4S, Bonnie T100.

Flaco

750cc
I'm 58 yo...
Got my motorcycle endorsment in '68 @ a young 14 yo... 44 years in the saddle...
Rejuvenate me... I don't think so! I ride another Bonnie now!
:eeek:

43 now and started riding street when I was 18 (started riding an 80cc around my grandparents farm on Mt. Rainier when I was about 9 or 10) and took about a 10 year break.

Bikes in order:
'89 Kawasaki EX500 (I think they're called Ninja 500s now) Totaled that bike. Went over the hood of a car. The lessons learned on your first bike, you can only hope to survive and learn from those lessons.

'72 BSA A75 Rocket3. Inherited this bike from my dad when he died. Sold it to buy an '89 GB500 brand new. Regret that decision every day.

'89 Honda GB500. Sold this bike to pay for the restoration of my '75 Honda CB400/4.

'75 Honda CB400/4. Sold to pay for my Triumph T100

2008 Triumph Bonneville T-100.

I really need to talk the wife into understanding the need for more than one bike in the shed. :D