How old and how many years have you been riding?

drlapo

Hooligan
62, first bike was a 57 Indian Hounds Arrow in '64 and never got off
still riding my 70 BSA, 79 Triumph and 85 BMW along with my 05 Thruxton and 06 Speed Triple

hey, now I'm almost 65 and I have even more bikes: 71 BSA, 70 Triumph, 65 BSA, 64 Ducati, 11 Tiger 800, 05 Thruxton, 85 BMW, 79 Triumph
almost 50 years

just added a new Moto Guzzi V7 and have bids in on a 07 scrambler and a 76 T140

Last edited:
I started illegally on mopeds when I was 14 but for real on a TS185 Suzuki on my 17th birthday in December 79. Just turned 51 a few days ago so that makes it 34 years and have never been without a bike. Had over 50 and used them to commute, track day, tour and generally have a blast. Oh yeah, and fall off of.....

First Triumph was a street scrambled 1962 5TA Speed Twin when I was 19 and my 2007 Bonnie Black was bought new and is my 6th Triumph and is "the keeper". Had all the Jap stuff, a few Italians, 1 BSA and 1 Norton, 3 H-Ds and even a Buell. When I die, they'll have to prise my cold grey fingers from the grips. Live to ride - ride to fucking LIVE!!!

Cheers,

Pikey.

findlay13

Scooter
Just turned 60.Got my first bike ewhen I was 13 a stripped down BSA bantam,home made seat,no lights,straight pipe.
Then a T110 when I was 17,Triumph 1971 Tiger 650,650 Yamaha,Harley Sportster 1000cc ironhead,'76 750 bonnie, 600 honda, now my 2007 America.
So I've been practising on and off for 47 yrs.
I'll get it right soon.

Last edited:

findlay13

Scooter
I always had it right! Hahaha.I meant riding,but the america is the best I've owned.The '76 Bonnie was nice too I have to say.

Last edited:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Lessee...turned 53 this year and have been riding off-road since buying a $15 yamaha twin at a rummage sale the summer of '79 and on-road since about '83 when I stole a '51 BSA from a co-worker's father's shed. Yeah, I had permission from my co-worker to fetch it, but the old man was gone when I got there to pick it up (a 200 mile drive north) and, yep, I it took it anyway. Not proud of that fact, but it is what it is...bad judgement and all. The BSA was siezed & badly neglected and, while I managed to get it running, I lacked the skills at the time to make it into anything reliable.

And, now some 30+ years and about 20+ bikes later, I actually own everything in my garage. ;) The thruxton is, hands down, my favorite machine thus far...though I did own an '81 BMW R100 that comes in pretty a close second (tempered by time, of course).

Thanks for allowing me use this forum as an impromtu confessional!

Regards,

--Rich

macanic

moped
G'day I started riding legally at age 16, still riding at 63, numerous bikes in those yrs but now have Triumph Scrambler, and Triumph Thunderbird 1600,

I'm 62, started riding when I was 14 on my brother's 50cc Suzuki. Next in line was a 175 Honda Scrambler, 305 Honda Scrambler, DT250, another 305 Honda Scrambler, Honda 90 step through, 650 Nighthawk... several years of separation from motorcycles... 225 Yamaha, 883 Sportster, Triumph Street Triple R, and currently a 1977 GS550 Suzuki brat/cafe project and a 2007 Triumph Scrambler.

bikes_zps6052ee6d.jpg

Bobert

moped
71 years old. Riding off and on since 1967. First bike Honda CB160. The one I should have kept Yamaha XT500. Current the unloved Yamaha 1100 Virago. New T-100????

RJRR

moped
Update.
Retired now and wanted to add some spice to my garage next to my 01 Bonne.
Enjoy while ya can I say.
Sad on how so many of my old biken buddys are not able to get on their bikes now due to physical disabilities they have developed.

Attachments

• 100_0812.jpg
    100_0812.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
32. Riding off and on from 21-23. Riding almost every day from 24 to today. Spend lots of time at the track. The Bonnie is my daily rider to work and my weekend getaway if I choose. My car barely gets driven.

Well, I am almost 76. Thought by some to be the oldest teenager in town. Think I started riding in 65. Have owned a lot of bikes, and still do. Latest being a 2013 Bonneville SE.
I have 10 bikes licensed, and 2 mid seventies Honda 400Fs that need the carbs cleaned.
There are 7 brands of bikes plus a Ruckus, and a GyroS Hondas. I never get tired of riding. Not to go into the whole list, but top mileage goes to a 05 R1200GS BMW with 85,000 miles and a 04 Sportster 1200 with 55,000 miles. Did a lot of trail riding for about 30 years. I have seen the other side of the mountain.
I mostly ride alone, as most bikers say they like to ride, but most don't really want to get very far from home My wife laughs at me, when I go for a 250-300 mile loop, go home and eat supper, and go for a ride. I do pretty much all of my own maintenance, but I have spent a ton of money on tires and batteries.
Just to make sure to keep my life from becoming blaa, there is another bike I want..
Life is good...

Socketman66

Scooter
I can only hope that I have the capabilities to still be riding well into my seventies. That's awesome and I hope you guys have lots of great years ahead of you.

I'm 48 and have been riding on and off since the age of 14. I got my licence when I was 16 and rode a friend's CB400/4 for three summers. I bought my own 400/4 when I was 20 and rode it for a few years. Sold the street bike at age 23 to focus on the dirt bikes. Rode them for fun for a number of years and competed in enduros and hare scrambles.

Got out of bikes completely when we bought our house and took up home improvement and woodworking for a number of years. :). Back in 2003 I was missing bikes so I picked up a few fixer uppers. Currently restoring a 1970 Royal Enfield interceptor and reconditioning a 76 CB750F. Have a 73 CB750K and a 79 XS650 waiting in the wings to customize /Cafe once I get into retirement.

I decided that it was time to get back on the road on a fun bike like the Thruxton before I need to migrate to a more upright riding position. :). It's been a lot of years since I've been on the road, and riding around the Toronto area is pretty hairy. I live in the burbs and can be in the countryside in 5 minutes, so I'll stay away from the city as much as possible until those long rusty road skills come back.
Cheers.

Last edited:

C908

Scooter
I started riding in 1974 when I was 19, would have started sooner but my parents hated bikes. I worked my way up from a 175 Kawasaki dirt bike to my current bike a 2010 Harley Ultra Classic. I ride solo 100 percent of the time, been thinking about getting a smaller bike like the Bonnie. As I'm about to turn 60 in just 3 more days thinking I don't need the 900 lb Ultra for to much longer.

TriumphLance

Scooter
I'm 56. Been riding since 2008, when I turned 50 and decided to celebrate by taking the MSF course and getting my endorsement. Started with a 150cc scooter, then a 250cc cruiser, then a 2009 America. Also had a 1987 Honda Supermagna. Got the Harley bug and went to a Street Bob, then a Road Glide. Just got back to Triumph with my 2013 Speedmaster, and loving the lighter weight, great looks and combination of power/handling!

capt

moped
I'm 54, been riding since late 1980, first bike was 10yr old Honda CB500 4, Suzuki 750 GSX , Laverda RGS 1000cc triple 1983 model, Triumph Trident 1994, two sprints 1999 & 2000, now on a 2008 America, so 33/34 year's and close to 500,000klms, oh and from 1995 until 2014 I had a BSA M20 ex army, had matching frame & engine numbers. I've done couple of ride days at wanneroo race track ( trident & America ) second run on America was a hoot!! For the last 10yrs have been towing trailers, so varied range of riding and touring, swmbo wants to keep touring and riding for a few more years yet.