Sal Paradise

Hooligan
here you go.

http://www.cb750cafe.com/bikes.php?cat=3

3544bde262f6d00769b6ad04fa2addcf.jpg

Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
TheBig...That CB is going to make a great first bike. Fix 'er up, ride the shit out of her, keep it, then get a Bonnie down the line if you're still inclined to do so.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Tidy that thing up, get her running and looking good... and you'd be able to sell her, buy a Bonnie, and have money left over for gas. :)

curezee

Street Tracker
Beautiful CB750. Great bike. That thing will run like a top, if you put a weekend into it you'll be cruising by Sunday I bet.

drlapo

Hooligan
CB750: make sure the oil is clean; cam "bearings" are very easily damaged
need to carefully synch the carbs
notoriously weak brakes
adjust cam chain carefully

gilligan

Scooter
Could just be the rotted out cables. BTW nice CB 750 chop. I agree with everyone else, spend some time fixing up that bike and then decide what to do later. I personally wouldn't ever sell it if it was your dad's bike. Ride it with pride.

drlapo

Hooligan
settle down you have a long road ahead
resurrecting a neglected bike is an arguous process
don't be frustrated but be prepared for a thousand "problems' that will require your attention
start by changing the oild and filter then remove the carbs and clean them thoroughly, flush the fuel tank
lube EVERYTHING!
how old are the tires? any cracks in the sidewalls?

drlapo

Hooligan
The tires are shot. Consider Avon AM26 as replacements. Around $75 each
take your time, don't rush it. You've got a few weekends work ahead of you
I've been rebuilding a 1964 Ducati for eight years

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Nice bike! Don't get overwhelmed with everything that pops up, its easy to do. Be patient and take your time sorting this thing out. You'll have one sweet ride once its done. BEFORE YOU TAKE IT ON THE ROAD TAKE AN MSF COURSE.

T

ttbonnie

welcome to your future maddness,
I would recomend two things 1 MSF course ( in AZ youget your licence at the end of it)
and a honda CB 175. that was my first bike (paid 200 for her in a garage sale!!) and I put the first 300 miles on it burning laps around my block on a learners permit- sweet little bike tops outat about 60 mph-
then my first real bike was a 65 bonneville bobber, did all the work myself including some minor engine rebuilding. IMO you get a greater apreciation for something you work on and develop a serious bond with the machine- by the time your done rebuilding the bike youll have a couple 1000 miles under your belt. and it will all be defensive driving cause you will not have the power to be offensive, till you get your bonnie running. the power difference will scare you !
if you go new you will be happy just the same and your first bike like many riders will be a bonneville. id get after market pipes if i were you cause loud pipes save lives!!

my buddy is a motor cop seen a lot of smears and recomnds fullface. i ride with a pudding bowl mostly, full face during comuting and some long highway trps. and nothing when i feel stupid

its good you are being cautious and are looking into all your options that attitude will help keep the ruber side down. my first spill was on my 175 showing off noless- in front of my house- fast enough i coud have killed my self- banged up the tourch and scuffed myself up good- the shaking i got made me realize alot and needless to say i dont show boat any more. thats about enough from me
goodluck little brother
tt..

Kframe

Street Tracker
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of a bonnie, I'd just hate for you to end up like I am right now:

some_assembly_required.jpg

Which in my case seems to be a recurring theme:

heartless.jpg

Those pictures make me sad.
:(
I hope your vehicles get their balls back soon.
-K