ZRX1200 Shocks

Jhtjon

Street Tracker
Many people over on the "mouse" are using these. I just thought I would throw my 0.02 into the equation.

Kawasaki ZRX1200's came with a piggyback KYB shock that is fully adjustable for rebound and compression as well as preload. The length is 360mm and the ZRX was a slightly heavier bike than a Bonneville. This all adds up to a perfect shock for the slightly heavier rider looking to turn some corners.

Installation could not be simplier. Support Motorcycle, Remove old shocks one at a time. Press the lower bushings out of the stock shock and insert them into the ZRX shock. Mount ZRX Shock... No Hedge not in that way.

I can tell you first hand that these shocks do the trick, Previously I ran my stockers at full preload, now I run on the second or third setting from the bottom. I am running the compression dampening at 3 or 4 on a 5 scale and the rebound at 3 on a 5 scale. I no longer pogo and the bike rides smooth on all roads. It is firm but not uncomfortable in the least.

In conclusion These shocks are on ebay all the time and you should pay between 200-300 for them.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
I will agree on the ZRX shocks. mine were from an 1100 and were used but in great shape still. I'm 6' & 170 lbs and they're a bit stiff for solo riding but with a passenger they are perfect. I don't mind them being stiff and the lady loves the difference when she's on it.
ebay 200 bones
-Ben

neuroboy

750cc
+1

far and away best purchase i've made for the bike. more confidence in the corners when my arse isn't wagging around and they look great, too.

innominate

Street Tracker
put on the zrx's this weekend.

to start off, i've never been on a stock bonnie. so i have no idea what the stock shocks and springs feel like. the previous owner put in progressives' in the front and ikon 7610's in the rear.

this is my 1st bike and i've only had it for 11 months now. i got the zrx's cuz that $$ was just starting to burn through my pocket:D

i've only put about 15 miles on the zrx's. started out at the lowest setting all around, i'm only 175 soakin wet, there isn't a night and day diff from the ikons. they do seem to be a little less harsh over the sharp bumps. and it seems to sharpen up the turn in some. but maybe that's just mental bc that's what i've read the taller shock would do. i cranked the comp and reb settings up a few notches and it seemed to make the ride a little more harsh over the bumps in the road. on the ride back i adjusted them back to the lowest settings. and it seemed to take the sharpness outta the ride.

and i tell ya. havin the right tool helps. the zrx bushings were easy to get out. but those damn ikon bushings sent my ass to the hardware store.

over all from what i've read about the stock suspension it is well worth it to get a set of zrx shock's. comin from the ikon's it's nice to have more settings to tinker with and it does seem to improve the ride. but not to the point to where i was sayin " holy shit! look what i've been missin"

if i have anymore revelations on the commute to work tomorrow i'll post em