zrx shocks

rodhotter

Scooter
got a set of bitubo WME's $450 at Herdan.com, these are a DeCarbon shock with internal reservoir, high quality construction and inverted as they should be, only rode about 100 miles before old man winter arrived very pleased!! totally removed that jarring on bigger bumps, at 175 lb most shocks are too stiff, i got the standard spring specd for my weight. got to get info at bitubo.com or other dealers over the pond. can't wait to ride again but another storm is supposed to hit pa again today 3 to 6 inches though it should melt fast

neuroboy

750cc
update here. . . picked up a pair of KYBs for $275 on ebay. . . and a pair of progressive fork springs for the front. can't wait to feel the diff.

does anyone have a link handy for fork spring install on a carb'd thrux??

Thrux181

Scooter
Texas94fs,

From what I can tell the spring rate on the KYBs are 2.6 or 2.7kg. For your weight, if you were going to replace the springs, what spring rate would you go with to make them more compliant?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Texas94fs,

From what I can tell the spring rate on the KYBs are 2.6 or 2.7kg. For your weight, if you were going to replace the springs, what spring rate would you go with to make them more compliant?

Hell, I'd call race tech, tell them you need a set of springs only, explain to them the bike, and your weight and they will set you up. I really don't know the maths on spring rates. IIRC my buddy changes to 2.3 and it felt much more comfortable and bumps didn't make me sing alto.

Thrux181

Scooter
I contacted Racetech to find out what spring weight for the KYBs. They had me fill out a swingarm geometry form. Emailed it to them this afternoon. Hopefully I'll find out soon what they say.

I contacted Racetech to find out what spring weight for the KYBs. They had me fill out a swingarm geometry form. Emailed it to them this afternoon. Hopefully I'll find out soon what they say.

Please share results. Did they ask you for your weight? If so how much?

Thrux181

Scooter
I will. They needed my weight (170) plus many measurements of the bike. The form is for their G3-S custom shocks but the info from the form can be used to determine the right spring rate for the replacement KYB springs.

They needed it because of the the differences in the weight and geometry of the Scrambler vs the ZRX.

I will. They needed my weight (170) plus many measurements of the bike. The form is for their G3-S custom shocks but the info from the form can be used to determine the right spring rate for the replacement KYB springs.

They needed it because of the the differences in the weight and geometry of the Scrambler vs the ZRX.

PERFECT!!! We weigh about the same! Look forward to seeing your results!

Thrux181

Scooter
Sorry this took so long. Finally got the shocks on and have done a little testing.

They recommended 2.2 kg. My ole buddy Easy13 has 2.2 on his. I thought this may be a little to stiff for me. Wanted to get 2.0 but they dont have them. Went with 1.8 kg.

I have them a the highest preload setting (5). The sag on 4 was around 37mm. They bottomed out on 4. Have not checked the sag on 5 yet.

The ride is much better than the Hagon 2810's. Compliant with no jarring to the seat.

Both compression and rebound are set on 1.

Need to run up NC 181 for higher speed curves to see if I need to make any adjustments to them.

Sorry this took so long. Finally got the shocks on and have done a little testing.

They recommended 2.2 kg. My ole buddy Easy13 has 2.2 on his. I thought this may be a little to stiff for me. Wanted to get 2.0 but they dont have them. Went with 1.8 kg.

I have them a the highest preload setting (5). The sag on 4 was around 37mm. They bottomed out on 4. Have not checked the sag on 5 yet.

The ride is much better than the Hagon 2810's. Compliant with no jarring to the seat.

Both compression and rebound are set on 1.

Need to run up NC 181 for higher speed curves to see if I need to make any adjustments to them.

Thank you for this info. I really appreciate it.