zrx shocks

neuroboy

750cc
yeah, that's what i figured. there's a guy selling a set on ebay. i put in the minimum bid of $300 and that wasn't even the reserve.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I say be patient .. there will be more to come around. That dude will just end up having some large overvalued paperweights.

neuroboy

750cc
i weigh 185. . . is there another set of shocks that you'd recommend?

and bonafide, yeah, there's a set up there now for $700. ridiculous.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I've got the ZRX shocks. Don't have the wrench to adjust the springs but leave the dial in the middle. I really need to see about adjusting the springs though. I think I paid around $250 for mine, and before I paid for them they guy did a rebuild with photos for me.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
adjusting the preload of the springs doesn't adjust the actual spring rate, and that is what is far too high on em. Depends on what you're gonna do with the bike as to what you really want when it comes to suspension

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'm 210lbs without gear .. I've never found a stock spring that was far far oversprung for me. :D

And .. I'm assuming neuroboy is looking for affordable street use. Those KYBs will be fine for that.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I'm 210lbs without gear .. I've never found a stock spring that was far far oversprung for me. :D

And .. I'm assuming neuroboy is looking for affordable street use. Those KYBs will be fine for that.

Yea they are sprung for someone about 200 lbs. On the street they are harsh unless I'm 2 up, but on the track they fucked my tires and were less than compliant on bumpy sections.

Let me look at pricing on the worx shocks NB I may be willing to sell you my KYBs

Wheelhorse

Scooter
180lbs here, extremely pleased with my Ohlins' 36E's from Cogent.

Works or Ohlins, spend around the 500 and be done with it. Those who have, can't speak high enough of either brand.

Ohlins.jpg

Are you still riding? The weather's been kind of shit. I need to do one last run to fill the tank, but I might be done for the year.

neuroboy

750cc
Are you still riding? The weather's been kind of shit. I need to do one last run to fill the tank, but I might be done for the year.

yeah it's been rainy 'round here. . . i usually put it up right before thanksgiving, but i promised my gf a ride on the new bike before i put it up and i have rear pegs for it.

i was out last night riding to my soccer game. it was cold but it's wasn't unpleasant. my buddy rode up to VT last weekend to camp. friday night was 23 degrees. . . there was crystally frost on his bike. he said that was an unpleasant night. he has an FZ6 with a big windscreen and hippo-hands for commuting, but he said it was still a tough couple of nights.

===

sorry to get off topic here. thanks to everyone for the shocks recs. i'm not doing any heavy lifting riding-wise (track days, etc) so I think I'm fine going econo. Texas94, if you end up wanting rid of your pair I'd be happy to take them off your hands for $250ish. . . if not I'll probably go with a new pair of Hagon 2810's with one--stage damping control at $300.

cheers.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I paid $220 for my set of kaw shocks. Like night and day, but the Thrux length makes My Bonnie taller for sure. Now I'm chasing the forks for better or worse. Ive got a 2 stage front fork kit from Bella Course I'll get installed.... in a while.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
I just put a set of Progressive Suspension 412 Series on my Thrux10. It was night and day from stock. Not too expensive and i am doing the front fork springs this weekend (or next). I am looking fwd to a front end that doesnt dive as much!!

RumRunner

Street Tracker

210? What happens when you put both feet on the scale :p