zmax

phil

Street Tracker
Has anybody ever use that zmax stuff you can get at walmart, it suppose to be an engine oil additive?. It claims to improve millage, better performance and all the usual stuff. its suppose to be pretty good stuff. Any opinions on this product?

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
I use a few Oz.'s of Lucas engine fuel additive. Maybe every 1000 miles.

Works for me. Can't say I know about zmax.

drlapo

Hooligan
all the oil manufacturers advise to NOT use any additives
remember all the Teflon stuff in the 80's? it was all crap
the only additive I've found to work is Marvel Mystery oil on noisy hydraulic lifters and as a lead substitute in older engines

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
all the oil manufacturers advise to NOT use any additives
remember all the Teflon stuff in the 80's? it was all crap
the only additive I've found to work is Marvel Mystery oil on noisy hydraulic lifters and as a lead substitute in older engines
+1
What does Z-max do with their exorbitant profit for selling essentially snake oil that does more harm than good? Litigate in court.

A travesty that the great racer Carol Shelby endorses the stuff. I only hope he donates this money to one of his excellent charities.

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
+2 Never used any oil additive in my '03 Triumph BA and never will. However as drlapo I have used small amounts of the Marvel Mystery oil in my old BSA's.

normandy

Street Tracker
Additives were designed to wring a few more miles from an engine by thickening the oil to limit burning and chemicals to puff up worn seals, you don't need them in a new engine and will probably shorten the life of the seals IMHO.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I occasionally put some injector cleaner in my car's fuel tank and use Mobil1 in the engine.

I've seen Shelby pushing the ZMax, but so far.......

brass

Two Stroke
If it advertises that it decreases friction, thats the worst thing you could do to your wet clutch.

phil

Street Tracker
yeah, I saw the stuff on tv for "cars" I wouldn't dream of putting into my bike. cool.

evil knievel

Scooter
z max

+1
What does Z-max do with their exorbitant profit for selling essentially snake oil that does more harm than good? Litigate in court.

A travesty that the great racer Carol Shelby endorses the stuff. I only hope he donates this money to one of his excellent charities.

My dads friend use to sell the zmax line of oil and gas additives. He sold them for a few years.He stoped selling them athough because it was "garbage". He said they sold a transmission additive that was nothing more than Mineral oil with food coloring.He used the product in his own truck and it wrecked the motor, and they had to fix the bearings or something ? He wasnt happy. He is now an amzoil dealer.Hope that oil is better LOL

simpson

TT Racer
ZMax is liquid shit. Snake Oil is too fine a name for it.

Overpriced liquid shit.

Speed3Chris is right.

-simpson