Yet ANOTHER Powder Coating Wheel Thread...

TC_Dick

TT Racer
TRUNK? I thought that was your workshop, are the spare plates for midnight ATM withdrawls?

The trunk is pretty much big enough that I could use it as a workshop. Those are the plates from two years ago or whatever.. I took 'em off and forgot to take 'em out of the trunk.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Just got all my shit back from the powder coater, $850 AUS. ouch! but worth it, they do the best job i have ever seen here in Oz, 2 rims, 2 hubs, cam cover, alt cover, primary cover, sprocket cover, upper and lower trees, and headlight bucket.
assembly002.jpg

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Just got all my shit back from the powder coater, $850 AUS. ouch! but worth it, they do the best job i have ever seen here in Oz, 2 rims, 2 hubs, cam cover, alt cover, primary cover, sprocket cover, upper and lower trees, and headlight bucket.

That's going to look fantastic when it's done.

badda_bing

Two Stroke
Not had the wheels done yet, but I did powder coat the headlight bucket, headlight ring, headlight mounts and the gauge bracket. Price was perfect, free. Pays to work a at a powder coating shop.

and as usual forgot to take pics before it all went back on.

Attachments

• 0506001809.jpg
    0506001809.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 0

Nick Morey

Rocker
Just general purpose grease should do. It will only protect against moisture and road grime. The sealed bearings do all the work and, of course, they don't require external grease like the old days.

cynr1023

TT Racer
TC, I'm actually paying attention to this thread too. I plan on doing the same thing with mine when I get home.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Yup. Better with black rims and hubs, even the stainless spokes fit with stainless screws in engine covers. Very nice.