Yet another limited edition Bonneville

jewel

Scooter
When will Triumph stop their special editions?
As quoted from Team Moto Australia.
The TAG Heuer Bonneville features a unique blue & orange paint scheme that was inspired by the Porsche sports car driven by Steve McQueen's character in the movie Le Mans (1971). McQueen wore TAG Heuer's Monaco watch in the movie, and today TAG Heuer is celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the watch.

Triumph & swiss watch manufacturer TAG Heuer have collaborated to create a special, one-of-a-kind "Bonneville Heuer" Triumph motorcycle.
The association between Triumph & Heuer comes as a result of their common values and the legacy of Steven McQueen, who was famously linked to both brands.

Jewel

strokerlmt

Forget all the fooo foooo.candy cane colors , someone who doesn't ride motorcycles signing da tank or a watch taht doesn't keep time......give us a stock 1200cc vertical twin in a light package frame/suspension and we can do the mods/colors and the rest. :cheer::cheer:
LMT

Craigore

TT Racer
Something with the look of the thruxton and performance of the street triple... I'd cream my golddarn pants

yes I know that this is not out of the realm of achievement with the efforts of tpusa, thunderbike, etc etc
I just can't justify spending the money.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Most of us want more performance. It wouldn't cost Triumph any more to increase compression and piston size or even increase crank throw length. Maybe it would simply eat into Triumph's Speed Triple sales and why they aren't interested. They must know that many of us would buy a 1000cc Bonnie over a 865. Some will go for the exclusivity of a Tag paint job just like some will buy a Tag...lol with about the same result. Triumph has been putting out special editions to sell more bikes for years.
The whole special edition thing begs a larger issue about the 50th anniv. bike. To me, it is a waste of money and many feel the same way. If they made the bike more powerful, offered improved lighting and suspension etc, I would have been in line but its the same bike as a std. T100.

AceT100

Rocker
Sorry, sometimes it's hard to see what's happening, I'm just a bit slow I guess.

Jewel

I hear ya...just wanted to let you see all the opinions in case you were wondering why your thread wasn't getting much action :yawn:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I suppose they would sell at 1000 cc. But the real weakness of the Bonneville seems to me to be the suspension. If you push it up to sportbike speed (real sportbike speed) it tends to start geting twitchy and a bit unstable. So once they do a 1000 or 1100 Bonny then everyone will really start griping about the suspension.

The whole bike would need upgrading and that would probably put it in the $12,000 range where there is serious competition, like the GT1000 and even the Dyna Sport.

Yeah, without major upgrades - you will get a bit more pull off the line, but you still won't win any races with it. I think thats why they don't do the bigger motor.

WaterTower

Scooter
I say go for it !!! THe bike is here to stay it needs it's place every year and not just sell to just a few of us soft hearted wishers of the by gone era. The bike is a classic like the P51 Mustang The perfect design. A classic that needs to continue in time.
I have a 06 Black - it is one of the last. Spokes and so on The Bonny now with its Mag wheels and whimpy 7/8 handle bars is more of a gimmic than a anything to be proud of. A sad era for the bike. Triumph some how for some reason wanted to change it. I say keep close to its roots with a classic look that is right on perfect. It does need to keep growing. everyone know there needs more power the bike is screaming for it.
Make it a 1000, beef up the springs and ride Re intruduce it as the the Bonneville HP - High perfomance complete with fatty tires and blacked out rims as an option.
The spokes need to stay at least as a Factory option M bars too.

Last edited: