Yamaha is now supporting divorce

Roger

Street Tracker
I sure do like this bike. Just that the tank and seat look bent. Triumph needs to build something like this, a 400 or a 500 thumper would be too cool. No disc brakes, big fat drum on the front and another drum on the rear. I would buy one of those right now. I am still hoping to find an older Triumph or BSA single. Fat chance though.

strokerlmt

I am with you Roger. The tank,seat and exhaust on the sr400 look "off" to me. Don't like the lines. I must say at my age I would really like to transplant a thumper into the T100 rolling bike I have. It would be a kick to have a classic Bonne thumper.
LMT

Last edited:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Me too. A lighter bonnie-style chassis with long stroke, air-cooled single. Enfield has the corner on the market for such a beast, but the dues are too steep and performance too lacking on their product.

Kiwi

Two Stroke
It's funny, I don't recall an SR being mentioned on here before, but I buy one 2 weeks ago and now there's a thread on them :D

I started riding bikes and got my license in 1979 - I loved the TT/XT/SR500's at the time and remember taking an XT for a test ride but never bought it for some reason. For the last few months I've been looking for a project bike to restore and then around a month ago I heard about an SR500 parked up in someones house for years, yes house not garage, that he may be willing to part with. Anyway, I picked it up 2 weeks ago and here it is - a 1979 SR500F done 51,000km - put fresh fuel in it and it started 1st kick and doesn't make any funny noises. It's rough in places, but everything is there, and it was bought as a restoration project, so it's pretty good really. I've done a few things to it that really needed to be done right away and took it to it's 1st rally in the weekend just gone. I'm very happy with my purchase and looking forward to working on it some more.

1st pic is the day I got it. 2nd pic is at the rally parked next to a mates '79 Bonneville Special.

Attachments

• P1020819.jpg
    P1020819.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1020839a.jpg
    P1020839a.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Loving these bikes.

Took an XT500 to the Isle of Man for the TT in 1987. Awesome fortnight.
I then had a XT500 with a 525 cc conversion, hot cam and 5gal alloy tank. This was my runabout for a couple of years. Scruffy as anything and it almost hospitalised me with a vicious kick back one morning. Loved it. Only got rid of it as I had too many bikes and something had to go.

I do fancy one of the SR400's though.

Monty

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
These bikes have been buzzing around here in Japan for years and go figure...they sell very well as a functional/work horse bike. Is Triumph ever going to pick up on this for their modern-classics line up????????

rgbadmin

NBR Owner
Staff member
that's pretty cool, I just really wish they hadn't named the company after an apple product :)

D9

Vendor
Dayam Rich, that is sweet!

peashooter_black_800x455.jpg

Admin, now don't be hatin' on Apple :D