won't stop

drlapo

Hooligan
my sons and I went to the Bennington Bash last weekend and rode the "sport" ride when we arrived a the first gap, it started to rain, hard. we continued on at speeds well in excess of 100mph. at the first gas stop my son, Doug, turned off his Daytona 675 and walked away from it. it restarted itself. Doug had the ignition key in his hand! he reinserted the key, turned the ignition on then off but the bike continued to run. the kill button did nothing. only putting it in firt with the side stand down would stop the engine. we disconnected the battery for a while . the bike retarted, on the buton and turned off properly with the key. now the check engine light is on but the bike seems to run fine. the dealrer will reset the light tomorrow
weird!

boboso

Scooter
Perhaps the electrical for the ignition was made by the same folks who did Audi cruise controls a few years back.

drlapo

Hooligan
the engine light problem turned out to be a broken EXUP valve cable : replaced under warranty but no one can explain the failure to turnoff situation
bike runs fine now