Windscreen for my EFI T100

Dsinned

Scooter
I decided to complete the accessorizing of my bike by adding a Summer Screen, Triumph Accessories SKU: A9748029. This is the lowest cost screen currently available from Triumph. I ordered it online from Pure-Triumph in Florida at a 20% discount off the sales price of $279, plus no tax and free shipping. If I had ordered it from my local Triumph dealer, the price would of been $295 plus tax, so I saved a fair amount.

I downloaded the installation instructions from Triumph's website. I think I'll be able to figure it out, but like other Triumph accessory installations, the instructions are not very clear. I'll take my time, so I get it right the first time.

I'm worried that a windscreen will ruin the appearance of my bike, but decided against buying a "quick release" screen, which are more expensive and don't look as nice to me in terms of styling on the bike.

Comments?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I like my Dart flyscreen. Takes some of the wind off my chest but my jowls still flap at speed. It's not too obvious either.

Dsinned

Scooter
***UPDATE***

I just completed the installation. It took longer than I thought; about 2 hours. Triumph's instructions were somewhat helpful, but far from crystal clear.

The instructions start out by telling you to remove the seat and disconnect the battery. Imo, this is totally unnecessary, so I skipped this step.

The next step is putting on the right and left brackets under the yoke. This took the most time and a lot of trial and error. I removed the headlight first BEFORE doing this step, contrary to the instructions. This makes it much easier to do the work under the yoke.

The Summer windscreen and mounting parts are all of excellent quality, and looks very nice on my bike. Just like it should if it had come directly from the factory. It has a decal of the "Triumph" logo on the lower front to enhance its appearance. The screen is not too high since I still have a totally unobstructed view over the top, and it's just high enough to deflect the wind off my chest. This is just what I wanted in a windscreen for my bike.

Is it worth $295 (retail)? Probably not. But, as the cheapest windscreen available from Triumph, it does NOT detract from the classic appearance of a Bonneville T100. However, imho, installation will be quite challenging to the average do-it-yourselfer.

Last edited:

marty

Scooter
Agree, putting the brackets under the yoke is the fiddly bit.

I use summer screen in winter and dart flyscreen in summer.