Who makes a good quality seat (cargo) net?

Bonafide

NBR founder
doubt there's some superior cargo net by name ... just visit a local bike shop and check them for yourself. I would suggest the ones with metal hooks that are coated. The plastic hooks are inferior.

becket

Two Stroke
Thanks, thats the tip I needed. I didn't want any cargo sprawled out behind me heading back to the cave, and I have only used throwover bags in the past. Hard to find a nice retro bag, though the Newbonneville one looks promising.

Net is gonna restrict how much you can carry. Why not just add rack and bar. Can tie lots of stuff on that? Jeez must take some more recent pics of the bike. a few months later and bike does not look like this at all!

Attachments

• my bike 003.jpg
    my bike 003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

schnabba

Two Stroke
I like these - the squares were smaller, so it holds smaller items in better - the hooks were plastic, but decent - and had the additional hook on the back to help take up and hold slack in the net.... if you really like the better hook design, get any old net, and the power hooks from riderwarehouse.... those hooks are NICE. Also, the bungee cord itself is really good quality.

here is what I found at a local bike shop: powertye!

http://www.powertye.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=36

this one is nice - is larger to cover bags better:

http://www.powertye.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=125

amazon has them, so does kneedraggers. I have several, if I ever lost one (like if someone removes it from the bike), I'll get another. (NOTE: kneedraggers has them for $6, powertye wants $8). Comes in blue, red or black.

Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
A rack is pretty much a full-time thing whereas a cargo net is just for those times when you need it. I use a cargo net for everything from strapping down my briefcase to picking up a few groceries. Get the net as Dude described and be sure to install a grab rail to hook it to. DO NOT hook your cargo net to the edge of the seat, the cross strap, or your turn signals.

MES

750cc
The plastic hooks are inferior.
take the hooks off and zip tie it to the frame.

Net is gonna restrict how much you can carry
Nahhh. just piggy back them. Put some stuff under the net, then put more stuff on and cover with another net and hook it to the bottom net.

Mines been baking in the soCal sun for 2 1/2 year and is still good.

becket

Two Stroke
Thanks for the info! I will try kneedraggers, and zipties? I will also consider the rack; maybe both? Crud, now what :) ? Net first...metal hooks...pink zipties... jk :)

Last edited:

strokerlmt

When I travel over nite I like to use my rack. With that I can lock down tight.... my bag, tent, travel bag, water, tools, etc etc. For a quick trip to town I use a net for my pack...whatever....but I would not want to go 100 miles ++++ with the net only. ;-)
LMT

Beaman

Two Stroke
Emgo

I bought a cheap Emgo from my dealer - metal hooks for five bucks. Never have had a problem....

schnabba

Two Stroke
the aerostich nets (listed as power nets) are made by moto-fizz... same company that does their camping seat bags..... so the quality of the hooks is first rate. You can get the hooks separate (as I mentioned). The pictures on the website don't show it, but they are thick metal hooks, with nylon covering - over engineered, but good! expensive at $8 for 4 hooks.

koifarm

Hooligan
Have you thought about maybe a tank bag? They come in all sizes, if you're just looking for an "occasional" carry, might do the job for you.

becket

Two Stroke
Thanks again. Koifish, i would run a tank bag, but I am just not sure about how they look on Bonnies, still deciding. If I were heading out for a long haul, I would probably use one just to get as much storage as possible. I will mainly need something for grocery runs right now. I looked again at that new bag from Newbonneville, easy on/off, and its growing on me. Still getting a net too though, even if I go the bag route. I will make sure I get something strong and secure with metal hooks.