whistle sound

drmuonfunk

Scooter
I noticed lately that at high speeds I hear a whistle sound from my bike. The throttle does not seem to increase or decrease the sound so I'm hard pressed to say it's something with the engine but I am a little alarmed. Bike sounds perfectly fine when in neutral and hi revs. I know this is vague but any ideas?:kiss:

07black&red

Two Stroke
Seriously though, my '07 doesn't do it but the '09 T-100 I test drove last month did. My first thought was that it was something on the bike whistling in the wind as opposed to something mechanical. It wasn't altogether an unpleasant sound......who knows for sure. Post if you find out..

drmuonfunk

Scooter
Ha ha, could just be my sexy ass. When it gets warmer I'll have predators installed so I probably won't hear anything at that point.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
... When it gets warmer ....

These bikes tend to have a loud whistle/squeal/whirring sound in and around the speedo cable/housing when it's cold outside. Does it stop when you get below about 10mph??

You might look into lubing the speedo cable. Super easy.

drmuonfunk

Scooter
That could be it because I hadn't noticed the sound when it was warm outside. I'll try lubing the cable. Thanks so much for your help.