which way do most of you mount the m bars?

steamfitter

Two Stroke
hi all. i have the norman hyde m bars and napoleon bar ends coming tomorrow from british customs. i was wondering if you all typically mount them upside-down or right-side up? i was planning on mounting them upside down and just wondered what the consensus is? -keith

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Mine are right-side up - I didn't like the restriction on the angle of the brake lever imposed by mounting them upside down.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Upside down.

Bars are so easy to put on/off on a Bonnie - that you can try them, swap them around, try them again. Still have time to go for a long afternoon ride.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
right side up, here are a couple of shots from different angles - one, two - now you need the upside down view. However, as mentioned above, it is a fairly quick install so try both and see which one you like.

Bonafide

NBR founder
The focus is more on the seat - but you get the picture.

parts021.jpg

steamfitter

Two Stroke
thanks for the replies. bonafide, is that upside down? i think i am going to try them upside down first. i was at joe's cycle shop awhile back in dayton, ohio and he had an 09 thruxton. not sure, but the handlebars sure looked like m bars upside down. to me, it just felt right off the get go. hopefully, they work pretty good without rear sets. i might go the NH route eventually, but for now just using stock controls. -keith

Bonafide

NBR founder
yup - upside down. here's a old pic of her with chrome M bars upside down. Those mirrors lasted about 2 weeks. bleh.

aug_24_x3_06-1.jpg

MikeZenArt

Banned
Thinking of the M-bars... How is the riding position? I got the bonnie cause I was tired of riding cafe, are these still comfortable? i do a lot of 2up riding. Any changes of cables, do you need new grips? Any pics of someone sitting on the bike with these bars?

Last edited:

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
No cable changes needed. Riding with the upside down two up puts alot on your wrists but not too bad once you get moving. I never rode with them right way up, just went straight to the flipped position. I love mine... nuff said.

Bonafide

NBR founder
They're a compromise between stock bars and clip ons. They lean you fwd but not so far as to pinch your wrists.

Wonderdog

Scooter
Uh, well... I guess it would be 'club an'.

Hmm, well, I guess I asked for it. :chair:

Clubman bars = ace bars
I have self made Ace Bars on my ride
enlarge my avatar...and take a look.

MJJ - I guess by that you mean in position, not looks. I found the difference on the Flanders site. I do like the ace bars.

dscott3509

Two Stroke
I'm thinking of getting a set of the M bars. I think that if I were leaning forward just a tad, I would be more comfortable. More the position I have on my road bicycle.

How long did it take most of you to swap out the bars? I'm mechanically deficient, but I have a neighbor who is good with wrenching, and would be willing to help me out.

Thanks.