which K&N pods - air box eliminator

nohawk

Rocker
Beat by a Nightster today, and the guy on it was a douche,he said 'not bad for a 650', so I went home and cut my airbox down to fit K&N cones or UNIs. Where is the best place to buy em from and which ones are preferred? I know Ill have to re-jet the carbs so Ill be needing some jets too

R.Hawks

Two Stroke
K&N RC-2890 and RC-2900 filters (left and right offset) for the
carbs. Try NEWBONNEVILLE dot COM for the filters and jets.

Kingmoham

Scooter
You should have taken him to the business end of the speedometer. That 550-575 pound sled will take a few bikes off the line but run out of breath as the speedo ticks away.

nohawk

Rocker
My clutch is slipping a bit too and was told to call Carlos for some green Barnett springs, do you guys know if he has the filters? I hear he his a good dude. As far as NewBonneville.com goes I know Brent is on here as a vendor and Ive spent$ with him before but that D shaped tool they sell was junk I had to make one out of a 22 shell, my girl got me something from NB.com that came in the mail today for Christmas:)

nohawk

Rocker
UNIs are a lot cheaper. Ive had them on dirt bikes before is there a reason they are so much cheaper then K&Ns?

hankmarx

750cc
MikeinVA claims the uni's flow more air than the K&N's.
I believe he knows what he is talking about.
The K&N's do have a waterproof panty available.

I hope you smoke the sporty next go round.

bkiser

Scooter
This must have been a straight-line race. The nightsters do jump off the line really well, but the one I rode turned about like a wheelbarrow.

nohawk

Rocker
MikeinVA claims the uni's flow more air than the K&N's.
I believe he knows what he is talking about.
The K&N's do have a waterproof panty available.

I hope you smoke the sporty next go round.

ThanxHanx, Ive wrapped UNIs with pantyhose to keep em from sucking dust. I have a feeling that if I fix this clutch slipping AND run pods and re-jet and I see him in the indusrtial park by my house again I'll get him. Its the nightrod that lives down the street Im not so sure about keeping up with? That thing hauls ass in a straight line

Bonafide

NBR founder
hey nohawk ... for future reference, can you please not start a thread in the TECH area with something that is completely unrelated to the advice you're seeking? Titling how you got beat by a Nightster (Ace Cafe material) and then asking which K&N pods you should order and where ... it kinda fucks the SEARCH feature for people wanting the same info.

nohawk

Rocker
Those nightsters are pretty fast off the line

This must have been a straight-line race. The nightsters do jump off the line really well, but the one I rode turned about like a wheelbarrow.

It was a straight line about 3 city blocks long. We both had to brake hard coming to the stop sign and both our bikes stayed pretty composed, the sporty's brakes are about as good as mine

nohawk

Rocker
hey nohawk ... for future reference, can you please not start a thread in the TECH area with something that is completely unrelated to the advice you're seeking? Titling how you got beat by a Nightster (Ace Cafe material) and then asking which K&N pods you should order and where ... it kinda fucks the SEARCH feature for people wanting the same info.

My bad. I dont know any thing about the SEARCH feature,now I know.And knowing is half the battle

Craigore

TT Racer
you should have said "pretty sorry for a 1200"

maybe next time, when you beat him?

I've seen 650s beat them at the drag

I like the nightsters by the way!!

Vendor
My clutch is slipping a bit too and was told to call Carlos for some green Barnett springs, do you guys know if he has the filters? I hear he his a good dude. As far as NewBonneville.com goes I know Brent is on here as a vendor and Ive spent$ with him before but that D shaped tool they sell was junk I had to make one out of a 22 shell, my girl got me something from NB.com that came in the mail today for Christmas:)

I dd not get your call LOL!
Yes, I'm a good dude, specially when I'm sleeping!
Yes, I do have the filters!
The Uni's are cheaper than the K&N's , but they flow a lot more.
I use them ( Uni's) for a long time.
I actually recommend those to Mike in Va, since then he never looked back.
Nightster? I eat those for breakfast, 1087 rules!

simpson

TT Racer
I dd not get your call LOL!
Yes, I'm a good dude, specially when I'm sleeping!
Yes, I do have the filters!
The Uni's are cheaper than the K&N's , but they flow a lot more.
I use them ( Uni's) for a long time.
I actually recommend those to Mike in Va, since then he never looked back.
Nightster? I eat those for breakfast, 1087 rules!

Hey, Carlos, you got those green springs, too?

-simpson