Where is everybody ?

ttbonnie

Scooter
Is it me or he weather ? There just doesn't seem to be as many people on here anymore . It is spring time so rather than writing about and wishing you could ride, I would imagine they're off riding. Any one else ?

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
It is slow around here recently, I'm certainly guilty of reading and not commenting; I think I am not the only one... I see the regulars posting more infrequently as well. I'm not making a value judgment, simply commenting on the pattern I see. Summer is upon us, though in our pluged in world I'm sure people are still checking in here nearly as frequently. So I suppose I would say, yes we are here, were just having one of those seven minute lulls in the conversation. Best of luck, and enjoy your build TT.

barebo

Scooter
I'm pretty much a "newbie" here, but check in a few times a week. My bike is currently the way I want it, so haven't had the need to post for advice. Sure helped me get where I am with it, and was much appreciated.
I'm in dead center NY state, and we're planning to head South to Newburgh to the motorcycle museum in a few weeks - nice long day trip.

TriumphLance

Scooter
I check in pretty regularly, but have been pretty quiet myself since I haven't really had much issues with my Speedmaster - it's fantastic!

Clyde12

Scooter
I'm on almost daily, but I mostly read and learn. Also, just bought a 1976 Honda CB400F that doesn't run quite as well as the Ebay ad said it did. So, I'm trying to figure out why the main fuse blows immediately.... that's been keeping me busy.

geolpilot

Street Tracker
Disconnect everything non essential and see if it still blows. Remove all bulbs, or better yet disconnect them from the harness. Can also remove all fuses that don't run the engine. Ad stuff back one at a time and maybe you can find the problem. Could likely be a power wire with worn insulation shorting against the frame.

ttbonnie

Scooter
I'm on almost daily, but I mostly read and learn. Also, just bought a 1976 Honda CB400F that doesn't run quite as well as the Ebay ad said it did. So, I'm trying to figure out why the main fuse blows immediately.... that's been keeping me busy.

when exactly does it blow?

ttbonnie

Scooter
I'm willing to bet that if you check continuity of that circuit to ground that its still shorted -as you probably already figured

Last edited:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Since January, Momma got bilateral hip replacements...so I've been a bit distracted from anything other than applying/removing compression stockings and dealing with the emotional upheaval of a yoga teacher with an uncertain future for resuming her career path. Still looking forward to my first ride of the year.

Cheers,

--Rich

Mark

750cc
I think it's dead because people move on and I think the admin has changed, whether or not the 2 are related dunno. Ten minutes on the lap top doesn't cut into my riding time lol

ttbonnie

Scooter
Sorry to hear about your wife Bee. If it's any consolation, if any one can resume their career after a hip replacement it would be a yoga instructor. I can't think of any one more qualified or disciplined to follow through with proper stretching and mobility exercises post surgery. I keep telling myself I need to start doing yoga.. And I keep getting less flexible lol

Motley

750cc
I think it's dead because people move on and I think the admin has changed, whether or not the 2 are related dunno. Ten minutes on the lap top doesn't cut into my riding time lol

It's not dead!!! :nono:

It's pining...for the fjords. :lol2:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Sorry to hear about your wife Bee. If it's any consolation, if any one can resume their career after a hip replacement it would be a yoga instructor. I can't think of any one more qualified or disciplined to follow through with proper stretching and mobility exercises post surgery. I keep telling myself I need to start doing yoga.. And I keep getting less flexible lol

Thanks for the encouragement. She'll get there. I, too, am getting less flexible by the day waiting for my favorite yoga diva to return to the mat. In the meantime, I'm compensating by visiting a local asian massage joint to work out the kinks. Not sure if that is taking our or putting in kinks... :)

As an aside, I just got Rodburner's old frame rails back from the powdercoater and I'll be getting some custom lines made up ASAP so's I can wrap up my OIF conversion. I actually may get in the wind before the end of June. Allin - I should have my old oil cooler available to send your way in the next month or so....

Cheers,

--Rich