Whatz Up Slags! CB750 cafed

Thanks man! I hope we get back to Florida soon as a band, if not our sound man is a native and keeps promising that he and I will make the trip down for a little R&R.

Will post more ASAP - looking forward to getting her on the road.

Thanks again!

P6160025.jpg

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Hey Drew, good to see you got another bike...was wondering what happened. The Bonnie is doing well, came close to having to put her on the market, but managed to hold on. Let me know if you wanna go riding sometime, or just wanna see the old bike. The 750 looks sharp man.

Nick

Bonafide

NBR founder
Did you get your tags?

Hollar if you're up for a ride on Sunday. I wont be leaving out all that early in the morning - I have to work Saturday night (Sunday morning). I want to run the loop for the first time with mine.

Hey - I suck, well I don't my transmission does.

So after all that work and effort the bike pops out of second, we tested it on the center stand but not under load - Bill (builder - mechanic) knew right away it was a bend fork selector or busted dog on 2nd. We originally opted to crack the case and fix the transmission and be done but it didn't make a whole lot of sense for an engine with suspect compression on cylinder #1 anyway.

So Bill has two K4 engines on the ready - we picked the best out of the two and decided that a complete top end rebuild would be the smartest move.

Lapping, rings, cleaning, thicker torque bolts, gaskets, rollers etc and paint. So I'm expecting delivery this weekend... hopefully.

Sorry I missed you man - I did get a loner ('74 CB 350 F) but that was just for scootin' around the hood for the afternoon - the front brake was MIA.

Pics attached - look forward to getting out there with ya man. Just a little bit more to do.

P7090002.jpg

P7090004.jpg

P7090006.jpg

P7090009.jpg

The new (well old) K4 engine and parts:

P7110015.jpg

P7110001JPG.jpg

P7110003JPG.jpg

P7120009JPG.jpg

P7120012JPG.jpg

Since my CB 750 is getting a fresh engine my builder lent me his '74 CB 350 had to take it real easy - no front brake. Just scooted around his hood.

Real easy and a fun ride. (pics from iPhone)

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
Sweet Lil 350 man, looks like you've got a project going with all those parts....the fun never ends hey?
Thanks for the posts....gotta love that red frame...!!

D9

Vendor
Drew the 750 is lookin' GREAT... can't wait to see pics of complete... need
some side by side shots with Buds once it's all said & done!

And yeah, that 350 four is cool... almost odd how good those bikes look
to me now... just nice lines, good design.

Thanks D9 - Bonafide has me beat by a country mile tho, his tank is unreal.

I would totally steal the idea but I'm out of money! :flag:

Bonafide

NBR founder
I was just lucky that I still had that tank/seat combo sitting on the shelf from a few years back when I had started a previous build but sold the bike to clear some garage space and hadnt sold it before buying my 76 SS. The metal stuff is waaay expensive - doubt I would go that route again, but his fiberglass stuff is .. um .. affordable to an extent.

Drew, are you "Drew2009" on the SOHC site?