Whatz Up Slags! CB750 cafed

How ya all been?

Yeah, yeah I'm not new but what the frick, thought I'd drop by and say hi -

So after selling my 07' slightly cafe'd Bonnie I went with the old school 1974 CB 750 K4 - picked one up for $700 and here's the progress thus far...

As June rolls around my project is almost complete. ( I say my project but I really this is the work to Thomas Krul Customs and Ex-Honda Service manager Bill Benton)

honda.jpg

honda3.jpg

honda6.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010019.jpg

450seats014.jpg

P1010020.jpg

450seats012.jpg

S5030952.jpg

S5030953.jpg

P5230027.jpg

P5240029.jpg

P5250034.jpg

Final rendering of bike:
mime-attachment.jpg

Last edited:
The CB 750 does come up well as a cafe. There is one sitting at a mates bike shop. Been there ages. After seein yours and dudes bikes I am seriously thinking of making an offer. What sorta dosh was needed to get it like this, if dont mind me asking

Bonafide

NBR founder
About time you made it back around and said 'wassup' ... your CB is looking the part. Did your brother ever get a bike?

What sorta dosh was needed to get it like this, if dont mind me asking

Picked up the bike for $700, over the course of 5 months it's run me just over 5K for a frame off restoration - granted I got a lot of core from old parts and got my Dupont paint for free. My goal was to keep it under 6K.

Not sure if I'll ever get my money back out of her but what the hell - it will be fun and kinda unique. Def won't make the mistake of selling a bike again - I've been coming out of my skin to ride since last year -

About time you made it back around and said 'wassup' ... your CB is looking the part. Did your brother ever get a bike?

Hey man, thanks for having me back - yeah, my brother was hot on bikes until he recently got hitched, needless to say his money is spoken for. But I believe he'll get the bug once mine wraps up.

I'll keep pics coming - so same cast of characters still here? :up:

Bonafide

NBR founder

I'll keep pics coming - so same cast of characters still here? :up:

That's cool. There's a 'projects' area. Get a thread going there.

Most of the original (dickhead) regulars are gone since you were around. The side effects of their Type A's personalities were becoming an aggravation.

You still doing the music/band thing?

That's cool. There's a 'projects' area. Get a thread going there.

Most of the original (dickhead) regulars are gone since you were around. The side effects of their Type A's personalities were becoming an aggravation.

You still doing the music/band thing?

Cool man - I'll move my post up over there tomorrow and post fresh pics as they come.

lol - so the other folks have dipped? Oh well - it's your forum my friend, I'm just glad ya let me in - nice to have a cool place to chat bikes considering I don't know jack! hahaha -

Music, going great - we play Turner Field (Pavilion) at the end of the summer - traveling in the Southeast, CD to follow in about 6 weeks - and working for the man part-time to pay for my motorcycle habit -

How's life on your end? See John out and about?

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Yo Drew, good to see you in here again... the resto pics are cool, the
bike is looking great!

KingBear

Hooligan
Who you calling a dickhead, asshole?

Great to see you back, Drew. That is one sweet ride you've got. Yeah, you can usually never get your money back out of something you've customized to your own taste, but then again you could stop in at a coffee shop one day and some guy might walk up and offer you ten grand for it. You never know!

Keep the pictures coming! :snack:

Thanks D9 and KingBear - good to be back and have a bike to look forward to.

Guess I'll be the bastard child around here, lurking about with a 750.

*think Bonafide will be relocating this thread to projects - more updates to follow over there regardless -

Thanks Y'all - :headbang2:

koifarm

Hooligan
Suhwaeeeeet dude! What a nice project....looks drop dead gorgeous man....nice work.
Gotta love that work area!!!! Love them four bangers....

Bonafide

NBR founder
koi, I was thinking the same thing about that work bench - looks likes it's sitting on a desk in the hobby room ... rockin.

Yeah Bill's garage is a total man cave, I think he has about a dozen bikes of various years and models around his pool table flanked by a flat screen TV, stereo - numerous photographs of him racing and collectables.

The area where the bike is would be considered his main work area, just around the corner he has what looks to be a complete Honda Service shop setup complete with the wall of tools and shelves of OEM parts from his service manager days.

Hell of a place - will try and get some pictures up from him.

Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to the final bike here shortly.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
I almost got a CB 750 instead of my Black Bonnie. After seeing your build I almost wish I had. Great job!!

koifarm

Hooligan
Good to see you back in action Drew, I can't say enough about your cafe'd honda, the classic black/red combo makes it a special machine for sure....well worth the time and $ to make it look like a million bucks....a lot of bench time for sure, great paint on the frame, frames are one of the most difficult to paint without runs...yours looks beauty!!!
Looking forward to your CD, let us know when you release.....
Welcome Back!
koi