What's Wrong with this Bonnie Bike Ad?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Gee that was too easy.

I mailed the seller asking him how he got such blue pipes with only 18 miles, must of idled alot etc etc...No answer so far.

KingBear

Hooligan
Bike looks new to me. The tires still have the fuzz on them, and even just a little bit of idling would blue the pipes right up. And why would someone bother to lie about the mileage if it actually had 100 miles, or even 500? The bike is still brand new and not worth the risk of deception.

I'll bet the bike is as described.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Looks fine to me, but I'd be pissed if my headers blued that much after only 18 miles. Of course, all you'd have to do is stop the odometer by removing the speedo cable.

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Deal

Does it really matter that fuckin much 18 or 1800 mi? The bike is worth what it is! Its either all there & good to go or it isnt? Anything under 5-6000 mi is the same (tires etc excluded) I dont think a couple thousand miles is gonna make THAT much difference in price? Hell the ODO's on these machines arent worth shit anyway!! If they work- its a refference point @ best! Nice lookin bike tho. Bein 2+yrs old & still havin the dino in her would make me look real close? It took me 300+ mi to get 1/2 the bluing that bike has tho! Buyer be ware!:confused:

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
My pipes blued like that right away as well. It got worse even at about 1000. And I was in northern NY too. Maybe it is the climate or something that also plays a factor. I wouldnt expect the same effects on things when you talk about a NY winter, compared to say a AZ or FL summer. All have very different humidity and temp ranges. And woundnt they be part of it?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
His response to my question asking how the pipes blued so much with only 18 miles:

"Everyone keeps asking about the blue pipes. Did you ever see a Low mileage Triumph that didn't have blue pipes?

You don't notice this as much on bikes today, because the exhaust is hidden, double walled, Jet coated or Stainless Steel. When they are chrome, they will turn blue from a short ride.
Hope this answers your question,
Tom"

I was having trouble getting the pictures to come up in the ad, but what I hought was interesting was the description referencing the Bonnie's heritage.

The T100’s chassis delivers secure road-holding, effortless steering and easy-going manners, as you’d expect of a motorcycle drawn from Bonneville stock. Likewise the powerful twin-piston calipers, operating on front and rear discs ensure excellent stopping ability.

The Bonneville T100 remains a timeless machine. Two up it’s a blast; made for trips to seaside cafes and country pubs.

Yeah, while considered tame by today's standards, the Bonneville 'stock' of the early 60's were anything but well-mannered and easy-going!

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Pipes/ 1800 mi

Yeah they do blue quickly! HOWEVER- if you look @ the end of the headers, they are quite colored. As I said - the milage doesnt matter that much! If the bike is rite- it is. Dont know if he has a reserve- but the bike is worth what someone will pay for it. If they dont hit the reserve - then it will be back or not? W/ 1800 mi OH wait was that 18 mi? Either way- the bike was run hard to color the end of the pipes like that. I have seen pure blue pipes in a short time, but not the rainbow colors like in the photo! Does it really matter that much? I dont think they had cats in 07- but if they did, may explain all the pretty colors?:confused:

Hedge

American Infidel
I'll throw in my 2 cents. The title says East Haven CT so that means it came out of Libby's Triumph, which is in East Haven . . . the same place I bought my 2007 Black.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Blue is beautiful!! I had blue pipes the 1st time I rode mine over 15 miles. Glad there were pictures on sites that showed blueing so I wasn't worried at all. I do worry about the break in oil being in the crank that long though. I suppose if it was taken care of, no problems. But there was a guy selling a Bonnie on E-bay a while back real cheap cuz he left the gak in for about a year over the winter and the engine locked up.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
The speedo is crooked in the mount. That adds to the fishiness. Tires are cheap to replace, and a good detailing can make any bike look "new" provided there aren't scratches, etc.
I'd have to see the bike in person.

jamesbgood

Scooter
The speedo is crooked in the mount. That adds to the fishiness. Tires are cheap to replace, and a good detailing can make any bike look "new" provided there aren't scratches, etc.
I'd have to see the bike in person.

holy shit! good eye man :eek:
it is slightly turned to the right!

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Add Ebay

Just sent seller question. He says "No Warranty" Buy date- it should have 1.5 yrs factory warranty on it? Wonder what his reserve is? Warranty- could be a nice bike? Can anyone tell- is the AI gone??His offer is pretty hi rite now? Gotta figure bike is year wise 2! Got a friend watching it. There is something NOT quite rite there? Well see?:confused: