Whats this 03 Tbird worth?

Two Stroke
A work mate has a 03 silver/maroon with 3k miles. The bike has been parked for years and is covered in a thick layer of dirt and garage grime. Its filthy.
There is vey light specks of rust on the upper fork legs and tops of the mufflers. The rest of the crome appears good. The bike looks overall to be straight but it has been laid down as I found the right blinker stem to be busted and the right brake lever is scratched.

I know nothing about Tbirds and I am pretty sure it is not a sport model. It has what looks to me to be pull back/ buckhorn type bars. He doesn't know much about the bike either as it belongs to one of his friends whom he rarely sees and is wanting it out of his garage and his bud is asking him to try to sell it.

The tittle is clear and the owner wants $3k for it.

Maybe its all just a waste of time but If I can make a respectable dime then Im all in, so I am asking here first before I seriously consider pulling the trigger.

How much $ do you think I should offer for it in the present condition.

If I clean it up and make repairs, replace fluids and rubber what do you think I could sell it for?

Last edited:

DavidC

Rocker
The Thunderbird does not seem to be too popular, such as a Bonneville or Street Triple. May be somewhat of a white elephant unless you were to keep it. Three grand for such low miles - not bad - especially if that is the starting price and you can get a few hundred knocked off.

Two Stroke
I think I try to offer him 2k in its present condition. All he can say is no. If he takes the offer then I will consider it a great deal and fix it up and sell.

schnabba

Two Stroke
even the trade in value for that model is $3500.... so you should be able to reasonably sell it for that once it's fixed up.

Last edited: