What year was dark yellow a color option?

becket

Two Stroke
I saw a road test recently and can't recall what year the Bonnie was; but it was a darker yellow with black highlights. Anyone know the year that color was offered? It was really nice, fit the bike well.

Bonafide

NBR founder
couldnt tell ya for sure - as it was a non-US released color (UK, etc) - but seems like it was 06 or 07 release.

becket

Two Stroke
Thanks, that splains' why I haven't seen it in the us market; it looked very retro (to me), I just can't place where I saw that scheme before, but it was familiar somehow. Was that ever an old Bonnie color in the 60's or 70's maybe?

becket

Two Stroke
Bet that's it, gold (yellowish to these bad eyes) and black; it was kinda opposite of the thunderbird sport (thanks for that pic!). Sharp euro Bonnie color combo that wasn't on the USA menu, too bad; Thanks all. Early eighties used gold trim on black and also red, but I havent found the all gold w/black stripe in the past yet, oh well.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
becket - you had it right. The 2007 scorched yellow is a gold/mustard color with black swoosh.

I cant find a picture - but here's a video of one.

becket

Two Stroke
Thanks dude, dat's it! I found an old Triumph pic in a youtube slide show with a gold tank, but white accents. I think its that mustard yellow/gold tank I remember from back when.

Bonafide

NBR founder
yeah ... at one time, I was thinking about having a spare set of tank/fenders painted up with one of those vintage color schemes so I saved some pics. The gold/wht was a give-a-way bike from British in the Blue Ridge event a few years ago.

Attachments

• 0eff_1.jpg
    0eff_1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
  • d326_1.jpg
    d326_1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0

D9

Vendor
NBR brotha Moggy from NZ has one... had his wifes bike done up in a custom green... gotta be quite a pair of Bonnies to see together firsthand... that dark
gold & black rocks!

new005.jpg

becket

Two Stroke
Kick-ass, I like that tank alot; but also the light gold and white, its.... refined, I guess the word is. two nice combos. Those two bikes in the other pic are both killer! Man, lucky couple!

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Bonafide......nice colors especially the second pic lighter color....real classy.
The two bikes look greattttttt
LMT

BornAgain

Scooter
I'm a big fan of scorched yellow as well wish it was offered as a paint option. I look in the garage and think yeah that would like great then my wife shows me our bank account and reality prevails once again rats. Thanks for sharing pics brings back fond memories.