What Shocks 4 Bonne SE 09

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
:worthy::australia:Gday gentlemen and ladies I want to upgrade my bike shocks but looking at the net is driving me nuts on which one fit my bike.

Can you guys and girls tell me what sort of shocks I should be looking for etc. I am very confused and the more I look the more confused I am. I am currently in the process of doing a cafe racer version of my 2009 Bonne SE blue and white colour scheme. I want a set of rear shockers that allow me to hit a standard road bump without going into orbit or biting my tounge off. The front shocks seem fine however the rear shock feels like it has no absorbing impact in them. Can you wise knowledgeable fellows help me out and point me in the right direction. All the best and safe riding Ben Dickens:shh::cya:

Karma and Dharma not a philosiphy but a way of life,,,,,,

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I've got the ZRX shocks on mine. Got em off a guy who already had em set up for his Thrux and didn't like em. They raised the height on my Bonnie but they do work a ton better. Cost me $200 US + change. I do think they might be either 2 left hand or 2 right hand ones, but what the hell.

I don't know Oz that well, but I would guess ANY quality shocks would work, just make sure they're the right height for your tastes.

ivar

TT Racer
how much you wanna spend?

As you're in Australia, there should be some Ikon dealers nearby...

It seems Ben that you should conentrate on KYB or Ikon shocks. The Don who posted that thread link shown above has his KYB fitted now and loves them. But I have only heard positive regarding Ikons as well.

henrys

Street Tracker
The only negative to the KYB shocks is they are too stiff. However, in the thread I posted there's a link on how to modify them. They are pefect after the mod and it didn't cost anything (although I had to fabricate a spring compressor).

Call Geoff at Ikon Suspension on 02 6040 9955, he'll be able to advise you on what Ikon can offer. He will most likely ask a few questions such as your weight, riding style and how often you carry a pillion.

These may interest you and are in OZ. YSS RZ 362-TR (fully adjustable)

http://www.yss-australia.com/VIEW.p...onnevilleT100&cmdSearch=Show+Model#searchview

Z-362-TRL-O-big.gif

G-362-TRCL-O-big.gif

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
These may interest you and are in OZ. YSS RZ 362-TR (fully adjustable)

http://www.yss-australia.com/VIEW.p...Scrambler+900&cmdSearch=Show+Model#searchview

Z-362-TRL-O-big.gif

The above link doesn't let me in, I am unsure to what I am actually looking for also with regard to size etc, for my model
Will these fit my bonne as it is a 2009 SE mag wheels and I know the ride height is changed from standard eg T100/Thrux etc. Thank you all for your help its greatly appreciated Ben Dickens:wave:

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Gday all and thankyou all for your assistance for shocks being YSS the below is suitable for the Bonne SE. This is via www.yoursuspensionshop.com.au Thanks once again Ben Dickens

Hi Ben for the rear we can offer you two solutions .

a) E302T for $499 Adjustable on preload

b) Z 302TR for 699.00 adjustable on preload and damping

For the front we can recommend the PD forkvalve .

For full details on any of the recommended products click on below link . Regards Walter

Last edited: