What part of "can't outrun the radio" is unclear?

ThomWill

Scooter
A Cobb County man clocked at 170 mph on his motorcycle remains in a northwest Georgia jail Friday afternoon.

Jermaine Strickland, 37, of Powder Springs apparently did not stop for Georgia State Patrol officers as he sped through Gordon County.

A state patrol officer, who has not been identified, chased Strickland through Whitfield County and into Catoosa County before Strickland surrendered.

At one point during the chase, Strickland was clocked at 170 mph. :eeek:

He remains in the Whitfield County Jail in Dalton.

Police charged Strickland with failure to obey a traffic control device, driving without a license, unsafe operation of a motorcycle, no proof of insurance, improper passing, driving on the wrong side of the road, attempting to elude a police officer, speeding using all lanes while fleeing, reckless driving and improper lane change.
:wtf:

nohawk

Rocker
He is SCREWED

A Cobb County man clocked at 170 mph on his motorcycle remains in a northwest Georgia jail Friday afternoon.

Jermaine Strickland, 37, of Powder Springs apparently did not stop for Georgia State Patrol officers as he sped through Gordon County.

A state patrol officer, who has not been identified, chased Strickland through Whitfield County and into Catoosa County before Strickland surrendered.

At one point during the chase, Strickland was clocked at 170 mph. :eeek:

He remains in the Whitfield County Jail in Dalton.

Police charged Strickland with failure to obey a traffic control device, driving without a license, unsafe operation of a motorcycle, no proof of insurance, improper passing, driving on the wrong side of the road, attempting to elude a police officer, speeding using all lanes while fleeing, reckless driving and improper lane change.
:wtf:

I think eluding is a felony

Bonafide

NBR founder
I think eluding is a felony

Not necessarily ... there's a sub section in the statute for it - and his actions pretty fit how the felony section is written, but unless someone was actually hurt or serious property value damage resulted ... they usually dont charge for it. Then again, he's was arrested in rural Geor-gia. Think my cousin vinny.

GSP are using Hemi Chargers. I was doing 130mph in my CV when one passed me like I was sitting still.

Attachments

• 001_20pct.jpg
    001_20pct.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0

ricky

Street Tracker
At what point is the chase called off?
Here in Washington, we have a no chase policy when they determine things are becoming unsafe.

dmay

Scooter
Here in Washington, we have a no chase policy when they determine things are becoming unsafe.

I think it's right after the perps jump the creek and the cops crash into it and drown out:wave:
1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-DOH-Jump-Swamp-1600x1200.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder

Most agencies around here do too ... except GSP. They'll also PIT someone at 90 mph. You dont run from GSP and if you're chasing someone, call GSP to help. :)

ricky

Street Tracker
Most agencies around here do too ... except GSP. They'll also PIT someone at 90 mph. You dont run from GSP and if you're chasing someone, call GSP to help. :)

No wonder they are always on "Stupidest Criminals" or whatever it's called.
Do they have a special discount rate at the body shops? Those cars aren't cheap you know.
Pitting someone at 90 is stupid. Let them go and do the police work the old fashion way.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Man... If only he got to 188, his flux compacitor would activated

Are you insane Stereo? That requires 1.21 giga-watts. I don't know what it like where you live, but here, you can't just walk down to the corner store and buy plutonium. You would need a bolt of lighning.

We were in Daytona Florida a couple years back and went to a go-cart track, and spent the day there. it was fairly quiet, so we would practice P.I.T.-ting...It was a blast. The track guys just shook there heads at us and turned the other way.

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
I've had a similar experience when I was young and stupid. Didn't turn out to be a felony, but there was alot of jail time/ fines/ public service work/ no drivers license for a long time and such (the nice ladie judge that I had appeared before so many times before, was not so nice this time) . I learnt that it's not all like the Dukes of Hazzard, it's serious shit.
Also learned early that being respectful when having an encounter with the man is the best way to be, even when the man is having a bad day, the outcome is usually better for both.

Nick Morey

Rocker
...Also learned early that being respectful when having an encounter with the man is the best way to be, even when the man is having a bad day, the outcome is usually better for both.

+1 to that. If/when your in that situation its your ass on the line not his so its illogical to piss him off.