What Is My Bike Worth Bonne Se 09 Cafe Racer

DIRK

750cc
It you have the oem parts, reinstall them, then sell the bike. You could make back a great deal of money selling your aftermarker parts alone.

Sorry you're having a tough time, mate.

If you bring your bike into our dealership we would strip off the cool bits you have fitted and e bay them all. do it your self, really easy and sell your bike for mid bluebook. it will go to a chap who will love and ride to crap out of it. you will make a bit off the cool parts and all will be happy.

I just went on a quick scoot and my wrists and back are not in good shape so it looks like I will sell her unfortunate but ultimately realistic.

Do what I did, pull the cafe bars and put on a pair of superbars. My wrists and back are loving me now. :D

You can still switch out most of the aftermarket parts, put the stock bits back on and use the money to put twards performance mods.

May not be a cafe, but she's still fun as hell to ride.

Superbars2.jpg

Superbars4.jpg

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ordered some LSL Sports Tourer handlebars as seen on the tridays cafe bonne to match the lsl rearsets. My bike is currently at Peter Stevens Dandy as it broke its speedometer cable and they have given me an eta of arrival of the cable of 26 days, they are very poor with customer service. So I told them not to bother and ordered one from worldoftriumph, so I can get it back on the road. Hopefully the new LSL Handlebars will make riding easier and thanks for all your advice. The big positive is that I may still be able to ride my bike and not sell it as I don't like modern bike designs and love cafe racers. Having spent all the money on modification to what I like the best option is to keep it.

I did however like the thruxton handlebars but they are 1 inch and mine a 7/8, is there a company that sells the same shape in 7/8 if my LSL's dont work? I am refering to the 2010 thruxton bars. Cheers guys I will keep you posted on how I go, Ben Dickens

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Ordered some LSL Sports Tourer handlebars as seen on the tridays cafe bonne to match the lsl rearsets...

You know, those rearsets aren't helping the whole wrist/back thing.

Try this: Cancel that order for the handlebars, pull the rearsets off, and go back to stock pegs and handlebars, and ride that around for a while. If that works with your condition, then you could try just the rearsets with the stock bars, and see if your back can take it. If so, you could THEN try the new bars (and possibly thrux bars by then if you've found some). And if that doesn't work, you could stick with the stock pegs and try the lower bars, that will have you less contorted than the rearsets.

From what you've shared, though, I doubt if just the new bars are gonna do much for you, except add to the pile of aftermarket stuff you'll be looking to liquidate.

Good luck!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
You know, those rearsets aren't helping the whole wrist/back thing.

Try this: Cancel that order for the handlebars, pull the rearsets off, and go back to stock pegs and handlebars, and ride that around for a while. If that works with your condition, then you could try just the rearsets with the stock bars, and see if your back can take it. If so, you could THEN try the new bars (and possibly thrux bars by then if you've found some). And if that doesn't work, you could stick with the stock pegs and try the lower bars, that will have you less contorted than the rearsets.

From what you've shared, though, I doubt if just the new bars are gonna do much for you, except add to the pile of aftermarket stuff you'll be looking to liquidate.

Good luck!

Tried to cancel but no luck they are in the post, I hope they make a difference otherwise I will do as you recommended and go back to the standard shifter defeats the look of the bike but the body is more important, thanks heaps all of you for your advice and recommendations. I have looked at many bikes and many styles result is I love bonne/thrux and cafe racers so I would be spending big bucks just to get a bit more comfort and I wouldn't love my bike. Lately I seem to have a target on my bike today I paid 194aud for the Peter Stevens Dandy to pay for a oil and filter change. They advised me that it would take them a month to obtain a speedo cable. I told them they were dreaming and ordered one last night from world of triumph and should arrive in just under two weeks. They also advised me that the cost of the cable was not covered by my 750aud extended warrenty. Thumbs down big time to these people, poorest quality of service once you have bought your bike or maybe its just me attracting this bad behaviour. Cheers Ben:cheers::australia::fight:

sportyone

Street Tracker
" will do as you recommended and go back to the standard shifter defeats the look of the bike "
Lately I seem to have a target on my bike today I paid 194aud for the Peter Stevens Dandy to pay for a oil and filter change. Ben:cheers::australia::fight:

Hi Ben,

man they must see you coming ! heheheh ,

firstly, I don't agree, my bike with standard shifter, rides & looks cafe'd fine :)

why on earth don't u do your own filter & oil charges ?

it's not hard mate ?

gotto catch up soon 4 a ride man :)

:nono:

mikenva

Rocker
I think the term cafe racer has been lost some where anyway.How anyone can call any one of these bikes with a bone stock motor any kind of racer I cant figure.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
... the standard shifter defeats the look of the bike ...

Not so sure about that one. The rearsets don't change the look of the *bike* at all, just how it looks with the *rider* on it. And I'm with mikeinva, it's not a cafe racer if it ain't fast. :)

I think the term cafe racer has been lost some where anyway.How anyone can call any one of these bikes with a bone stock motor any kind of racer I cant figure.

It has become a style. I'm guilty of wanting the style---I can't help it!!! My bike feels faster with rearsets, ace bars, and a lighter exhaust, so it must be! :)

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
It has become a style. I'm guilty of wanting the style---I can't help it!!! My bike feels faster with rearsets, ace bars, and a lighter exhaust, so it must be! :)

I am also the same but must be practicle and think that I will venture down the performance path, however I am unsure where to start I am mechanically inept. I have BC Predators and K&n AIRFILTER. Should I go down the path of AI REMOVAL and AIRBOX REMOVAL and then what. It is claimed that on a EFI Bike a gain of 15HP by doing the above with an appropriate map as provided by BC can be achieved.:wave:

mikenva

Rocker
Maybe it should be cafe style then and not racers.Dont get me wronge everyone should have there bike like they want it.What I do find kinda funny here in the USA is there are more guys dressing up like rockers and rideing bikes made up to look like cafe racers then there ever where here when cafe raceing was going on on the other side of the pond.Then we have the HD riders dressing up like out law bikers.Back in the day when all these things where real the only style was that if you rode a bike you where a no good low life lol.I think I liked it better back then lol.Hell I dont care what I look like on my bike if I ride it fast no one can get a good look anyway lol.

Maybe it should be cafe style then and not racers.Dont get me wronge everyone should have there bike like they want it.What I do find kinda funny here in the USA is there are more guys dressing up like rockers and rideing bikes made up to look like cafe racers then there ever where here when cafe raceing was going on on the other side of the pond.Then we have the HD riders dressing up like out law bikers.Back in the day when all these things where real the only style was that if you rode a bike you where a no good low life lol.I think I liked it better back then lol.Hell I dont care what I look like on my bike if I ride it fast no one can get a good look anyway lol.

Sorry, I meant the style of the bike. I don't wear rocker fashion, other than the bell 500 helmet in the hottest summer, which I guess could fit into that genre. When I watched quadrophenia years ago, I was more drawn to the mod clothing fashion than the rocker, lol.

It's funny how HD has become a huge subculture of style. For me, the fashion they wear seems like a ongoing lapse in taste, but that's me, lol. One fellow’s idea of “cool” is another’s uncomfortable nightmare.

The more I learn about bikes, the more I appreciate the practical---I hated the “style” of sport bikes when I first got back into motorbikes, but now I, slowly, get it, and I appreciate the origins and style of cafe racer, but I'm too inept to ever go as far as some---you guys eliminating the side covers and changing the wiring amaze me.

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Sorry, I meant the style of the bike. I don't wear rocker fashion, other than the bell 500 helmet in the hottest summer, which I guess could fit into that genre. When I watched quadrophenia years ago, I was more drawn to the mod clothing fashion than the rocker, lol.

It's funny how HD has become a huge subculture of style. For me, the fashion they wear seems like a ongoing lapse in taste, but that's me, lol. One fellow’s idea of “cool” is another’s uncomfortable nightmare.

The more I learn about bikes, the more I appreciate the practical---I hated the “style” of sport bikes when I first got back into motorbikes, but now I, slowly, get it, and I appreciate the origins and style of cafe racer, but I'm too inept to ever go as far as some---you guys eliminating the side covers and changing the wiring amaze me.

I found the same here in oz too mate and I dont like the stigma attached to harleys either, however if I keep the bike, why not make it a fast one:pd2:. I have just generated a new post asking for help in the performance area, I do have an awsome bike mechanic who is a friend so he will help me out. But yet again I dont want to spend thousands on performance mods that gain 1-2hp and are not noticable. I intend to leave my side covers on as not to attract :pd2:unwanted attention. Cheers, I had a laugh reading your posts and have to agree with your summation however I think that if it puts a smile on your dial just do it and don't worry what others think, but very true and very funny. I recently went to the mods vs rockers here in Melbourne Australia it was a awsome day and I met some really nice people who love british bikes, of course the harley gang attented and scared the shit out of the mods(scooter)squad. In general though all had an appreciation for each other and all had one common point they all loved there machines but all wanted something different to the normal bike scene aka sport bikes. Thanks chris very funny stuff mate all the best Ben:boob::C

sportyone

Street Tracker
When I watched quadrophenia years ago, I was more drawn to the mod clothing fashion than the rocker, lol.

Hey Chris, so you were gay & u ride a scooter then ?

just joking, heheheheh! lol.

I prefer the more Rocker style look & classic looking caf'd out British bikes,

hehehe ! :cheers:

Attachments

• DSCN1799A.jpg
    DSCN1799A.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0