What Is My Bike Worth Bonne Se 09 Cafe Racer

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
:australia:HELP NEEDED WHAT IS MY BIKE WORTH! ASKING PRICE?:australia::rockon:

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/benjamindickens1977/

Gday guys I am thinking of selling my bike for a new project. It is heavily modified with a cafe racer flair. For those of you who have seen it, you know how much work has been done. It has 10,000km on the clock a full service history and three years of factory warrenty remaining. The bike is in melbourne australia and I am unsure of what money I would get if I sold her, Her name is Bonne'Basid because from the front it looks like it has basid hound ears with the lowere bars. All stock gear will be sold with her and I look forward to some much needed guidance on $ I should be asking! Cheers guys looking forward to your responses as I need HELP. Benjamin Dickens

P.S If your interested give me a realistic price and pm me, I will contact you with further details on the bike cheers:cya:

2009 Triumph Bonneville SE EFI MODIFIED CAFE RACER
Modifications & Parts
Joker Machine Oil Plug $50 USD
Thruxton Gel Seat and Custom Paint Design Colour Matched Cowl $495+$410 AUD
Newbonneville Breast Plate $80 USD
Joker Machine Clutch Bracket, Cover $130 USD
Union Jack Badges $40 AUD
LCF Carb Tops $120 AUD
Sports Demon Tires 80% $600 AUD
Predator Exhaust "Sweet As I Love It" $660 AUD
Joker Machine Stem Screw Cap $50 AUD
Joke Machine Carb Knob $30 USD
Chrome Idle Knob $20 USD
Thruxton Indicator Bracket $49 USD
CNC Bar End Mirrors $80 USD
CNC Airbox Screws $40 USD
Joker Machine Sprocket Cover $180 USD
Ace 7/8th Handlebars $50 USD
New Black Brake / Clutch Levers $100 AUD
New 7/8th Risers $65 AUD
LSL Rearsets / Joker Machine Stem Nut $440 USD
LSL Passenger Rearsets $120 USD
Monza Gas Cap $160 USD
Joker Machine Ignition Relocation Switch $80 USD
Brushed Aluminium Cam Cover $300 AUD
Triumph Performance Billet Headlight Bracket Joker Machine $180 USD
Triumph Black Billet Reserviour and New Brake Line Hose $120 AUD
OXFORD TEMP CONTROL HEATED GRIPS $125 AUD
NEW BATTERY $120 AUD
HAGON NITRO SHOCKS $680 AUD
SPEIGLER USA STEEL BRAKE LINES (NOT FITTED) $160 USD
LSL Steering Damper $360 AUD
NOLOGY IGNITION AND HOTWIRE LEADS + IRIDIUM(NOT FITTED) $160 USD
Norman Hyde Bell Mouth & K/N AIR FILTER $280 AUD
Quick removal seat screws CNC $50 USD
Rear Luggage Rack + Centre STAND NOT FITTED $250 AUD

TOTAL AMOUNT = $6834 + INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE + FITTING

10,000 KM – FULL SERVICE HISTORY + ORIGINAL PARTS
3 Years EXTENDED WARRENTY REMAINING ($750 AUD) EXTRA

Attachments

• IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2441-1.jpg
    IMG_2441-1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2438.jpg
    IMG_2438.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Wow. Nice looking bike, but I gotta wonder... is there any aftermarket part you *didn't* buy? 7 grand in bolt-ons, after you paid that for the bike.

On your next bike, may I respectfully suggest you drop maybe a grand in performance-only stuff and pocket the rest. Then when you need an extra buck you won't have to lose your bike.

On to my 2 cents on pricing: En masse all those bolt-ons aren't going to get you even half of what you paid. Nobody has that much cash to drop all at once on cosmetics, I'd wager. Maybe 1/3 of what you paid for the whole batch, and as much as 2/3 if you part them out yourself patiently.

As to the bike, that's not low mileage.. 3 years old... $4500?? I'm not offering, mind you. But I'm afraid you're going to take a bath on her, which is too bad, because it's a great bike!!

Good luck mate!!

sportyone

Street Tracker
Wow. Nice looking bike, but I gotta wonder... is there any aftermarket part you *didn't* buy? 7 grand in bolt-ons, after you paid that for the bike.

On your next bike, may I respectfully suggest you drop maybe a grand in performance-only stuff and pocket the rest. Then when you need an extra buck you won't have to lose your bike.

On to my 2 cents on pricing: En masse all those bolt-ons aren't going to get you even half of what you paid. Nobody has that much cash to drop all at once on cosmetics, I'd wager. Maybe 1/3 of what you paid for the whole batch, and as much as 2/3 if you part them out yourself patiently.

As to the bike, that's not low mileage.. 3 years old... $4500?? I'm not offering, mind you. But I'm afraid you're going to take a bath on her, which is too bad, because it's a great bike!!

Good luck mate!!

Hi Ben,

sorry mate, I think I'd have to agree,

your bike is cool if you like an SE & a lot of Bling. :)

it's got a lot of excess spent on all your bits, & not many that add

performance either, which unfortunately don't rate when comes to selling,

but hey good luck, what are you going to replace her with ? :kick:

Last edited:

78gold

Two Stroke
Bonnie Value

Hi,

Mate having done similar with my 2007 I feel for you.
The $ are money well spent when you are riding her but a bitch when it comes to sell.
A lot of dealers are not even interested and will give you the same $ for a stock bike.
Might be worth fleabaying the parts and selling bike stock (if you have old parts)

As far as selling dollars go, its a buyers market but would think you should get absolute minimum $8000 for stock bike and maybe $9500 + with parts but I am just an old fart who loves to ride so take that with a grain of salt.

Check dealers first then Auction on ebay with dealers pricing as your start and dealer + $1000 to $1500 for reserve.

That should keep the idiots at bay (99c bidders) and still allow you some play room.

If you dont need to sell, keep her and buy another project, you can never have too many bikes. :cheers:

Regards
Nigel

Last edited:

DandyDoug

750cc
There is an old adage to consider when selling anything that you have made your "personal choice".
We are sure you enjoyed adding all the things that "YOU" liked/wanted and hope you enjoyed doing it.

The reality is ,
it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
If it strikes their fancy as exactly what they would do to a; machine/house/boat/airplane etc they may give you something closer to the asking price.

It's a nice bike and i like many of the add on's you have , would i pay you much for them ?
In a word, NO !

Something to consider is, when you make it yours , it's made in your image. not mine or anyone else's.
As others have said, take off some of the more valuable items and sell them , you will recover more of your initial outlay.
Good luck with the sale.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker

Good luck mate!!

I paid 14,800 AUD FOR THE BIKE AND HAVE DONE THE MODS TO CHANGE THE AESTHETICS OF THE BIKE TO A STYLE THAT IS REFLECTIVE OF MY TASTES. IF I KEEP THE BIKE I PLAN TO DO SOME MODS TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE, HOWEVER DUE TO MY ILLNESS REITERS SYNDROME I NEED TO CONSIDER SELLING IT FOR A MORE COMFORTABLE BIKE. IF I SELL IT BASED ON YOUR THOUGHTS I WOULD GET $12000 AUD TO $12500 THAT IS DEFINATELY FOOD FOR THOUGHT. CHEERS AND THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!:mad2:

WHAT PERFORMANCE MODS WOULD U SUGGEST IF I KEEP IT, AS I ENVISAGE BIG DOLLARS FOR LITTLE GAIN.

S

Shopshirt

While a pain to do, I agree with Dandy Doug, return it to as stock as possible and sell off the aftermarket parts by piece. You will recoup more money that way. It just takes a little longer and you won't get it in one chunk.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
The accessories only add a minimal amount to the value of the bike. I'd definately pay more for the heated grips , though. That is nice.

Its really almost the same value as a stocker, maybe $1,000 ( U.S.) over. Beyond that , most buyers would rather do what they want with a stock bike or use the extra to buy a more expensive bike.

I think a lot of guys sell the accessories seperately.

strokerlmt

From what I read you gents down under have a tough expensive time getting bits. If you have the stock bits pull off the mods , sell the stock bike for its book value and flog the after market bits. Just my one cent thought.
Good luck
LMT

It you have the oem parts, reinstall them, then sell the bike. You could make back a great deal of money selling your aftermarker parts alone.

Sorry you're having a tough time, mate.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Thanks for your help guys, I have removed the LSL Steering damper and Norman Hyde Bellmouth so far and plan to remove the LSL Crash Pads. I am unsure as wether or not to remove the rear luggage rack and I have also removed the centre stand. I get a lot of interest down at the local cafe in balnarring vic on my bike and might leave it up there with a for sale sign on it. Lots of people with big bucks so hopefully I will get some interest. What bikes should I look out now as I am not a harley man or modern bike rider. I love the thruxtons but I think even with the new one its very similar to what I have already but I need to take care of my back and joints otherwise I am wheelchair bound in the future. All because of 1 expensive meal at a flash restuarant. Its FU*,ED. kIND REGARDS Ben

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I paid 14,800 AUD...
WHAT PERFORMANCE MODS WOULD U SUGGEST IF I KEEP IT, AS I ENVISAGE BIG DOLLARS FOR LITTLE GAIN.

Dunno what the exchange rate is, I was talking US $$ here in the States. No clue about what the market is over on your side of the ball.

The route to higher performance is pretty straightforward: You've got the preds already, you can do your own airbox removal for practically free or else buy a kit for around $100-150 US as I recall. Remap after that and you've bumped it perhaps 5-10% (2-5hp) in power. Not a lot, but also not none.

The ulitmate step is to go with one of the stroker kits to make the displacement bigger. Beyond my pocketbook, but certainly not insignificant displacement. For example, for way less than you paid for all your flash, you could have turned it into a 90hp, 60 ft-lb monster.

And, please STOP SCREAMING. You asked for opinions and I gave one. At no point was I criticising your aesthetics or taste. Like I said, nice looking bike!

Sorry about your illness, and good luck with the sale. If you part out the bits, I'm sure you'd get takers here on the forum for a lot if it, but the shipping is going to be a bear.

Cheers!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Dunno what the exchange rate is, I was talking US $$ here in the States. No clue about what the market is over on your side of the ball.

The route to higher performance is pretty straightforward: You've got the preds already, you can do your own airbox removal for practically free or else buy a kit for around $100-150 US as I recall. Remap after that and you've bumped it perhaps 5-10% (2-5hp) in power. Not a lot, but also not none.

The ulitmate step is to go with one of the stroker kits to make the displacement bigger. Beyond my pocketbook, but certainly not insignificant displacement. For example, for way less than you paid for all your flash, you could have turned it into a 90hp, 60 ft-lb monster.

And, please STOP SCREAMING. You asked for opinions and I gave one. At no point was I criticising your aesthetics or taste. Like I said, nice looking bike!

Sorry about your illness, and good luck with the sale. If you part out the bits, I'm sure you'd get takers here on the forum for a lot if it, but the shipping is going to be a bear.

Cheers!

The screaming was in no way reflective of your comments or other comments and was totally reflective of my illness and the position I am now in, so please don't take things to heart that were not intended as a reflection of your honest, knowledgeable input, I really appreciate everybodies advice and I am not a person who enthrawls myself in conflict. Once again cheers for your advice, I just went on a quick scoot and my wrists and back are not in good shape so it looks like I will sell her unfortunate but ultimately realistic.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
OK guys the bike add has been placed on bikes for sale section. Thank you all so much for your advice and efforts and I think I will look at getting something a little more comftable but hopefully still BRITISH. Cheers Ben Dickens

Last edited:

sportyone

Street Tracker
OK guys the bike add has been placed on bikes for sale section. Thank you all so much for your advice and efforts and I think I will look at getting something a little more comftable but hopefully still BRITISH. Cheers Ben Dickens

Hey man, sorry to hear about your woes, but how do you get whatever it is you have, from eating out ?

" I need to take care of my back and joints otherwise I am wheelchair bound in the future. All because of 1 expensive meal at a flash restuarant. Its FU*,ED. "

must dodge that restaurant, eh ? :)

so are you going for a Thrux then, not a lot of difference from the SE really though, just a wee bit taller, 18" front wheel.

you've have seen my Bonne, looks sorta like a Thruxton.

but is even taller with 19" front wheel ? :wave:

austat2

Scooter
the new thunderbirds look sweet if ya sellin any of those parts seperatly post em on here som of us Aussie boys will be keen mate

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I just went on a quick scoot and my wrists and back are not in good shape so it looks like I will sell her unfortunate but ultimately realistic.

Man that's a bummer. I did a little research on your condition last night. Scary! Just "happens sometimes" after an infection, usually G.I... and you got your G.I. bug from a restaurant? If you could *prove* that you might have a case for some compensation, not that it will make you feel any better.

Best of luck to you mate!!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
It's a shame, but it's true that whatever mods you put on your bike doesn't really translate to big bucks in the end. Like most others have said, get it back to near stock and sell it, then the the bits.