What is more fun?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I have always maintained that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Had more fun wringing out my smaller bikes than holding back on my bigger beasties.

Motley

750cc
I have always maintained that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Had more fun wringing out my smaller bikes than holding back on my bigger beasties.

I don't agree. But, it kinda depends...doesn't it. I think I'd rather ride a modern mid-size sport-bike at 60 mph, than flogging the shit out of a moped, just to hit 50 mph. Roads aren't just a series of curves. The curves are joined by straight sections. I'd rather get on the throttle of a fast bike and squirt between the curves, than age slowly, waiting for a slow bike to get up to some decent speed between the curvy bits.

Mark

750cc
I don't agree. But, it kinda depends...doesn't it. I think I'd rather ride a modern mid-size sport-bike at 60 mph, than flogging the shit out of a moped, just to hit 50 mph. Roads aren't just a series of curves. The curves are joined by straight sections. I'd rather get on the throttle of a fast bike and squirt between the curves, than age slowly, waiting for a slow bike to get up to some decent speed between the curvy bits.

in that context I totally agree
why I have 2 bikes, you need more than 1 tool

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I guess I am showing my age but I don't consider a stock bike being able to hit the ton as being slow but in this day and age it is. So in that context...this "slow" Bonnie of mine is more than enough that I need. I have toured on it and I always get lost on the backroad twisties. It is in that context I think I am having a hell of a lot of fun on this "slow" bike rather than always holding back on some butt rocket.

I absolutely agree....see attached picture...guess what bike it is...

And I am KILLING the 600s and literbikes entering, in, and even coming out of corners!!!

Anyone can go fast on a straightaway. Your talent is displayed entering, in, and out of corners.

Before this bike I had a Daytona 675 that I did canyons, trackdays, and even raced. I do miss it but I have a bigger shit eatin' grin on my current race/track only bike. Plus, its much cheaper and easier to maintain.

Attachments

• Feb-02-2013-SoCal_Trackdays - Turn 16 - RG__0555.jpg
    Feb-02-2013-SoCal_Trackdays - Turn 16 - RG__0555.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mark

750cc
486145_548388891850486_634994683_n.jpg

Rocker

Two Stroke
I agree, if you compare my slow 'Bonnie to my Honda 750. If you compare my fast 'Bonnie to my Ruckus then no, the Ruckus is just too scarey slow.

britman

Scooter
Depends on the mood

Last time on the dyno showed 148HP and 149 pounds of torque. Just because it's there you don't have to use it, at least not all of the time. Very seldom does the "Fat Bottom Girl" get above the posted limit, but if you want to pass an old blue haired lady in a Buick Century, it can be accomplished very quickly. The funny thing is I am kind of searching for a "Thumper" , ie Indian Enfield or along those lines. I had a single Matchless awhile back and I really miss the feel and sound of the old one lungers.......

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Don't get me wrong. HP is like money in the bank. You don't necessarily need it, but it's nice to know it's there. But..... it's kinda nice to go on a spending spree every once in while and it's easier to use up the HP on a slow bike going fast.