What dunbass thing have you done lately??

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
"I stripped out all the screws so I had to go to the hardware store and pick out 4 different length of metric screws.."
So it's like the proverbial Pandora's battery box.....Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Bonafide

NBR founder
What dunbass thing have you done lately??

I took out a friend's canoe by myself on a lake I'm not familiar with .. and promptly sank said canoe (while fishing). I pulled the canoe to the bank, emptied the water, paddled it back around the lake and picked up all my floating gear/clothing/shoes ... and went directly to the Sprint store to replace BOTH my personal and work cell phone (note: $$$).

The whole ordeal was a bit over 1 hr from the sinking to return to the cabin ... and I lost the fish.

monty

Street Tracker
Due to work, domestic and an impending trip, I worked on the Bonnie until 01:00hrs this morning. Got most things done and it was looking good.:banana: Clean, sparkling, greased, oiled and ready to go on Thursday on what I hope to be about a 3,000 miles round trip:ride:. Then a bulb failed in the garage. I know I said, change it now and then it's done. Remove old bulb and replace with new. However, since the operations on my hands for the carpal tunnel syndrome, my hands get tired and don't always work. Cue juggling act second to none as I fail to grip the replacement bulb. I make several attempts to catch it but succeed only in knocking it away only for the bulb to land on the tank of the Bonnie.:mad2: Bulb breaks and I now have four scratches on the top of an otherwise pristine ten year old tank.:mad2::mad2:

Moral. If you have done all you wanted to, be satisfied and leave well alone.

Bonneville09er

Street Tracker
i put the old style tail light on my bike. thing looked great. kept popping a fuse. had it apart many times,asked a dozen questions to you guys, bought a new harness, twice. the final time i had it apart my gf was there. kidding around i asked her about which color wires were connected to each other. flat out told me they were connected to the wrong colored wires as per instructions. i am color blind.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
This has been a tough couple of weeks. Went out on the Scram today to get a prescription filled for Cris and dropped it in an intersection in the neighborhood.
Running at about the same speed a person would run on foot, following a woman in an SUV through a left turn on a green light.
It's a construction area, but no construction there in the street, and I had just come from the other direction minutes before.
No warning, no feel that the front end was washing out or nothing! One second I'm making a turn, and the next, I'm face down in the middle of the intersection, cars all around, women trying to pick me up and calling 911! I'm so embarrased I can't even look up.
There was a cop writing a ticket on the other side of the intersection. Just happened to be the cop for my neighborhood. We know each other by sight.
I get the bike up, and finally get it out of gear, and out of the intersection. I check it out, broken shifter peg, bent handlebars, probably a new clutch lever, and a little rash down by the clutch lifter. Oh, and a little rash on my new Captain America helmet.
So I go on to the Walgreen's to get Cris's drugs, and while I'm in there the cop walks up and wants to know if I'm OK!?!
He followed me about a mile up the street, and searched out where I was just to make sure I wasn't hurt. I live in a cool community.
Rookie mistake from a guy that has been riding for fifty years.
My perfect Scram is no longer a virgin. And now we have a blood pact with each other.
I haven't had pavement rash in probably thirty years.
Happened so fast that I didn't realize I was going down until I was face down on the pavement. Damn....

jphickory

Banned
Mike, you got a lot on your plate right now. I'd be extra careful on your bike because your mind is occupied with taking care of your wife. She needs you - be careful. Glad you were not hurt!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Hmm.. at some risk of TMI - let me caution you. A couple years ago November I was going back and forth everyday to the hospital to see my mom who was really really sick with cancer. At that time I had to winterize my boat as I have done for the last 20 years. That year I left one petcock unchecked and frost cracked the block, down low on the rail. I loved my beautiful blue and white Chris Craft , it had a sweet sweet 200 HP motor and I ended up giving it away for junk. I still grieve the loss of that boat. Mike, don't do what I did - be extra careful in what you do. Your brain is stressed and frazzled and you need extra time to think about even simple things.

Rocker

Two Stroke
Walking across the street outside work, tripped, fell awkwardly and broke my leg, nearly got run over by an Explorer. It was embarrasing, people looking etc.
Being a guy I stood up like nothing had happened and walked into work.
Cast from my toes to my useful bits, no more riding this year. Sucks.

Oh, and yes, it hurt like a b**tard.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
Don't try riding with your leg in a cast. Ask me how I know.
And yes, even tho it hurt like a bastard, you "manned up" and went about your business stoically like John Wayne. Why do we do that!?! "Ohh, it's only a flesh wound!!" When we really would like to scream and writhe like the girls do. I think they have the better end of pain.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
no, they give birth...that's gotta hurt..

Did the ride of shame tonight. Thats where you start your motorcycle and selfishly ride past your overgrown lawn while all your neighbors are outside mowing and weed wacking and they all wave to you but you pretend not to notice. Then you do a wheeelie at the end of the road and take off.

Last edited: