went to buy a guzzi v7 classic..

ddwasher

Scooter
i was sure i was going to buy me a new v7 classic in white the other day as i was driving to the dealership. walked out with an '09 bonnie black instead. so here i am, and here i will be until the snow melts in spring and i can pick up my new steed. enjoying the shit ton of information on this forum.

:canada:

ddwasher

Scooter
slightly more power in the bonnie for one, although i was not too worried about it, im sure the guzzi would have had enough horses for me. the main thing was that the dealer here thinks that they might be losing their guzzi dealership because of piaggio canada pulling out or something. it is the only guzzi dealership within 250 kms. the thought of not having an authorized dealer to work on a finicky italian machine scares me.
add to that more aftermarket support for the triumph and an out the door price which is almost 2k cheaper.
i was looking for a comfortable, reliable daily ride and it had to be a naked standard bike. the bonnie fits the bill. finally the point was driven home by my wife: she said i looked like a boy on the guzzi and a man on the triumph.

strokerlmt

Welcome.....I'm originally from Montreal but left in 1970.......
IMHO you made the best choice.......you will enjoy the Bonneville and the folks on this site.
I like your wife.....she is a smart lady....
LMT

T-boy

Rocker
Good thing you brought your better half shopping with you, dd. You won't regret your purchase one bit. Besides, now you can hang with the really cool people.

tribear

Street Tracker
Hey ddwasher.
Welcome and well done! I have an 07 BB and love it. I was in London last weekend visiting my Grandmother. Flew/drove up of course. Geez it was cold.....and I live near the Tetons in Idaho where it is often quite cold. Have a blast on the Bonnie this spring. I see some nice cruising up to Grand Bend and Goderich in your future.:up:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
You must be prepared though. There will be lots of people eyeing the bike and asking you all sorts of questions. A typical conversation goes like this. Nice old bike you got there.(thanks but it's new) Oh it's new? I thought Triumph went out of business. (nope they've been making em again for a long time) My neighbor had a Triumph when I was a kid.(really? That's nice) Does it leak like the old ones did?? (nope)

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I like the V7 - I sat on a white one at the motorcycle show. Nice looking. But I think you made the right choice. These new Bonny's are really something special.

Motley

750cc
Where didja get the Bonnie.......Inglis?

There's a good Rat pack in London, the SWOMP rats, although I only ever rode with 'em once they seemed like good people.

ddwasher

Scooter
thanks for the welcoming words guys. im sure i will be spending a fair amount of time on here seeing as i can't ride for another 3 months at least. nothing worse than having a new toy and not being able to play with it. it burns.

ddwasher

Scooter
@motley: yes i did buy the bike from inglis. i think they are the only triumph dealer in town here. certainly the only guzzi dealer that i know of. i like that place, ive always had positive experiences when dealing with them.
i think i'm more of a solo rider. tried riding with groups before, it wasn't for me.

Flaco

750cc
dd,
Good choice...
However the 1200 Sport Guzzi has 82 RWHP right out of the box!
Enjoy and welcome...
And yes, I am a Guzzi fan!

DandyDoug

750cc
Welcome, good choice on the Bonneville vs the Guzzi.

I'll bet London , Ont. has grown a bunch since I was last there in the 80's .
Always thought it was a nice town.

Motley

750cc
ddwasher;74527.........i think i'm more of a solo rider. tried riding with groups before said:
Yeah, same here. I bought mine, on layaway, at Inglis. Spring couldn't come soon enough.