. . . well she is sleeping!

Hedge

American Infidel
Well - I surrendered for the year! It was so nice out last weekend; right around 70 degrees. I knew UncleCharlie was probably riding and i knew that I had way to much yard work to do to even think about a ride so I did the next best thing! After I finished all the leaves I pulled the Bonneville out of the garage and immediately the wife says, What do you think your doing?" I said winterizing my bike while the weather is nice. So I detailed every inch of her and then took the car over to Autozone to buy some Mobile1 10/40 syn and came back and did an oil change. I then told the wife I needed to take the bike down to the gas station to top it off and add stabilizer for the winter. I jumped on the bike with only my blue jeans, T-shirt and sun glasses and took a nice 1/2 hour ride to the station where I filled it up and returned. I sat there and let it idle with the petcock off so it would dry out the carbs but I have to be honest, its been so long since i have ridden I forgot which direction was off so i told the wife I was going to ride it until it choked out which she didn't seem to care. Off I went for another 1/2 hour and then I came back and let it choke itself out. I did the final detailing and rolled it back into the garage, put her up on the center stand and dropped the cover over her and said good bye until next spring.

Next . . . selling the SL500 and buying a Ford F150. The wife is sick and tired of me hauling everything around in her SUV and I don't really give a shit about the Mercedes anymore and I can probably get some decent money for it since it only has 51,500 miles on her. I shall report back! If anyone has any good leads on a good used F150 let me know, I will travel if it is a good truck and a good deal. :)

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Well - I surrendered for the year!

Bummer. I rode to work yesterday, could have today also. I'll ride if it's 40 in the morning and no precip in the forecast or on the road.

I'll probably get another 1000 miles on over the winter.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Not far behind you. I've got the oil ready to do the change before putting her away but been holding out hoping to get a few more rides in. Mine will probably be sleeping by the end of the month.

adrianwhipp

Two Stroke
You boys are troopers, I feel bad for you. It's nice and warm down here come winter, I can't imagine hibernating like a bear until spring. What's there to do in wintertime?

lemme guess...

:cheers:

????

six by six

Two Stroke
Yeah it must really suck. Here in SoCal people stop riding when it gets into the 50's. I bought some rain gear so I can keep going this winter.

Hedge

American Infidel
Can't beliee you didnt even call me for a last blast!
I'm riding till the ice hits the road...
I thought about it but the wife would have no part of me going out on a joy ride why she works around the house and watches Crazy dog with cone on head!

KingBear

Hooligan
Bummer. I rode to work yesterday, could have today also. I'll ride if it's 40 in the morning and no precip in the forecast or on the road.
J, was Sunday an awesome day or what! I've been out of town so much this fall that I've missed all the best riding weather, but Sunday was gorgeous. I pushed it a little too late and ended up riding home long after the sun went down so I was really shivering, but it was worth it. And this Sunday is forecast to be 65 and clear. Woo hoo! :cheer: