Welcome in the CB1100

strokerlmt

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Absolutely LMT...if this bike sells well in the states, then that is only going to make the cafe scene stronger. I can't imagine the direction that bike will go in just from the viewpoint of what owners will do to them in the next few years...it definitely would be awesome to see and have just one more aspect of variety out there

henrys

Street Tracker
A little under powered and a little overweight. It's going to be a good platform to start from though. I bet a few mods will really wake that engine up.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I passed up the CB750 back in 69 and got a Rocket3 instead ($50 cheaper and the dealer was familiar to me). That Beeza was a beast and fast as hell for it's era. Regretted not getting the CB every time that Rocket gave me grief. Finally got into Beemers for about ten years or so just because they were very reliable.

I sort of fell into my Bonnie because I wanted a nice "standard" bike and the pickings were (and still are) pretty slim in that market. I figured they had to be good bikes or they wouldn't have stayed in production for 7 years (bought mine in 07). The retro-bike thing is just icing on the cake. Tons of lookee-likees whenever I swing a leg over it. Good useable power, a smooth tranny and stone cold reliable.... so far. The ergos are spot on for me.

Glad the CB is finally coming to the US, but I'll take a showroom look and get back on my Bonnie.

neuroboy

750cc
this would be better

img_8.jpg

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I hope that the CB1100F becomes popular enough for someone to make a few decent tank options. Japan is the kind of place where that may be possible. I do remember seeing a customised CB1100F somewhere with an old style tank on it. It was built in Japan. Webike in Japan has loads of options for the Kawasaki W650/800, at least in fenders and foot controls etc.

I think the CB1100F has a ton of potential.

Mark

750cc
Yep, it does. And I also look forward to all the posters who buy one, and then lament its " lack of soul" .

that would be expected, my buddy has an RC51 with titanium cans as well as a 996 Duc with Termi's as far as I can tell they both drink gas and piss soul

Demar

Two Stroke
I saw the red version last Saturday at the San Mateo Motorcycle show. It looked very good to me.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Yep, it does. And I also look forward to all the posters who buy one, and then lament its " lack of soul" .

It is the bike that brought the British bike industry to its knees and damn near wiped out HD had it not been for Ronald Reagan slapping out a tariff to protect the manufacturer. That to me speaks a little history and soul...it isn't 1969 anymore and this bike has definitely carved out a historical spot for itself in the motorcycle industry.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I dunno about "soul". My Bonneville had precious little soul when I bought it. It was wimpy and no fun at speed until I changed the exhaust, air intake, suspension and bars. Stock = soulless. Now perhaps it has soul - maybe the "soul" is just my enjoyment of the loud farty noises it makes! Maybe my bike has "ass-soul"...

I am a little sceptical when people talk about soul where bikes are concerned because the old Harley crowd say "soul" when I suspect they mean "bitch to start handle like crap and leak oil everywhere" when comparing old Harleys to new Harleys. Actually I have heard similar comments from guys who have restored old Trumpies and Nortons and don't like that the new bikes don't leak oil or need a few kicks to start them. If lack of soul means reliability and no oil leaks then I'm in!

I would LOVE it if Honda could make a new CB which had all the good new stuff but looked exactly like a 70's CB. But it ain't gonna happen. My beautiful '08 Bonnie doesn't really look exactly like an old Bonnie but it's fine by me. If Honda could just sort out the tank and seat a little more I think the bike would be near perfect. Oh, and I still want a 4-2 exhaust. I guess the big thing is that if Honda got it 100% right then it would leave anything for us to do.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
History is where the bike comes from and what that badge on the side of the tank represents. The soul comes from the miles/destinations you pound out with her