Weight of TORS vs. Stock Silencers?

taw1126

Scooter
Does anyone know if the TORS weigh less than the factory silencers? I'd expect the TORS to have less "internals" than stock, just wondering if there is any appreciable weight difference.

Mine should be here early this week and I'm looking forward to getting a little more sound from the bike. I'm also hopeful that I'll see a little cooler temperature on the pipes/heat shields.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
I had them both in my hands a couple days ago, and I couldn't tell the difference. I would say it is negligable.

Jim :cool:

TAW, the stock pipes weighed in at 12.1kg on my electronic scales. I'm guessing the TOR's will weigh in at exactly 12kg. FYI, the Arrow 2 into 1 system weights in at 4.6kg. That is 7.5kg straight off the bat with a very noticable HP gain as well.

taw1126

Scooter
Thanks Dave. The shipping weight listed for my TORS is 13.8 lbs (~6.3 kgs) so I assume those weights are for the full exhaust system? I'll weigh both sets of silencers when I. install them this week and report back.

That's a huge savings with the 2-into-1 and they look great. I'm trying to keep a traditional look and I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend that kind of money yet. In reality, I'd greatly improve my pounds/horsepower by focusing on the rider more than the bike right now...

In reality, I'd greatly improve my pounds/horsepower by focusing on the rider more than the bike right now...

Yep, They're calling me a 'skinny bastard' as I've done that as well over the last four months. Gone from 93kg down to 77kg and now maintaining my new weight and feeling like a million dollars!!! (for the record I am 177cm or 5'10").