We are winning

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I thoiught this was a great video. Yes, its a little bit melodramatic and has the typical annoying sound track , but - the photography is cool and the theme is excellent. Its about some guys who start a motorcycle repair shop in Seattle. Give it a chance, about 3/4 of the way in there is a twist. One of the guys gets hurt and that is something we all deal with, either in actual injuries or near misses. But they talk about it and about motorcycling and it really does relate to some of the conversations we have here.

.http://vimeo.com/21648846

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Sal. Thanks for posting this up. Pretty cool video and very well shot and produced. Definitely worth watching.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I was really shocked by the guy who lost his legs but was still riding and even kickstarting bikes. His comments really hit me.

I also liked the idea of a working shop where a guy can come in and just bring a six pack and get something welded. I saw a couple guys drinking beer in the back ground. I related to the comments where they talked about learning how to work on old bikes, and how it feels to restore an old non running motorcycle and return it to service. I have done that and it is so satisfying. Like the one guy was saying, there is so much to learn. I am a good mechanic in some ways. I can figure stuff out and I can take stuff apart and put it back together but my total skill set as a motorcycle mechanic could be a lot better. I don't have access to a real shop or a lot of tools. I wish I could work in a shop like this actually but I am supporting a family and paying a mortgage and that wouldn't cut it.

Last, there was a lot of talk about courage and how to live and I thought that was all good.