Vintage MC Days - mid-Ohio FYI

rmak

moped
I'll be there, Geo. Don't worry, we won't be alone. It's a pretty big event. I'd be happy to meet up with some Triumph guys. I'm interested to see if you all are as ugly as your avatars.

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
I was looking for someone to ride in with. I'm coming from near South Bend, on the way from the Chicago area. Anybody riding in from this neck of the woods?

fidhle

moped
I'm planning to attend, just bought tickets and hotel reservations. Be looking forward to meeting anyone on this list. I'm coming from the DC area, so will be riding alone.

John

Goofy1

Scooter
Could someone that is familiar with the area suggest a meeting time and place?? I've not been to Mid-Ohio before but most tracks are huge. I'll be camping on the grounds for the weekend. Riding up from central Kentucky.

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
I'm coming in solo from Indiana after work on Thursday. I'll also be camping on site. If there are others coming in on Thursday let's get together for some beers or something. It would be nice to have some Triumph enthusiasts as neighbors at the campsite as well. I don't wanna be stuck drinking beer with a bunch of gay pirate douchebags.

Last edited:

Goofy1

Scooter
I was heading up Thursday as well but someone said that the only ones that could camp that night were the Season ticket holders. I'll try to call today to get clarification.

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
Your information is correct Goofy1. I just received my packet and it states therein:

Campers will be allowed access at 7:00am on the Friday of each event weekend. All Access Season Pass holders will be allowed access to the facility to camp on Thursday at 7:00pm.

Your post potentially saved me a bit of trouble. Thanks.

BluBonnie

1234 .. I'm a moron
Just Got This NOTICE

Maybe somebody here can take advantage of this?

Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 11:30 AM
To:
Subject: FS: 2 of these super tix (will break up if wanted)

ok...last weekend, i broke my right ankle. i got a fiberglas cast put on
sunday that goes from knee to toes. ginny says she will drive me out and
haul me around on a golf cart....hate to do that to her.

so, i have these 2 supertix that i am trying to get rid of anyway i can.
also have a dinner tix for the RAT extravaganza. in addition, i have a
pre-paid room for sat and sunday nite at the holiday inn express in
ashland...intersection of us-250 and i-71. feel free me make me any kind of
offer you want...i am desperately trying to recoup some of my investment.
contact me by email or cell phone @ 717.574.0233

Y'all are on your own to follow through or not.
I don't know the guy from nowhere- but maybe it will work out for you.
good luck,
p.

Goofy1

Scooter
I had just read that over at Lost Empire. Not a good time of year to get hurt for an "east of the Mississippi" rider with two great events at Mid-Ohio and MotoGP at Indy coming up.

Neducati

Two Stroke
Great event at Mid-Ohio

The AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio was a great event. We got to see the 2009 50th Anniversay T100 Bonneville painted in original '59 colors of Meriden Blue and Exotic Orange.

327693809.jpg

327693857.jpg

327693833.jpg

327693889.jpg

Neducati

Two Stroke
2009 Bonneville

We also saw the 2009 standard Bonneville with alloy wheels, EFI, non-badged fuel tank with painted on logo, various blacked out parts, short fenders, NO KINK in the exhaust pipes, new Thruxton style silencers, a plastic remote reservoir for front brakes, and many other subtle upgrades.

327694055.jpg

327693907.jpg

327693968.jpg

327693928.jpg